Posts 1 to 8 of 8
    Forum Babus
    I'm looking to make a custom boss, but how do i export all of the sequences from one of the player models to put onto a custom model? For example, how Saxton Hale has soldier anims. How would I do taht kind of transfer to a custom model?

The Saxton Hale model is just a reskinned soldier model. If you're asking how to reskin it, I have no idea, but if you're asking how to put a character part onto the hale, you have it a bit backwards.
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

Forum Babus
    I'm basically asking how to skin the model

Forum Babus
    By using a custom model.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oblivious View Post
    I'm looking to make a custom boss, but how do i export all of the sequences from one of the player models to put onto a custom model? For example, how Saxton Hale has soldier anims. How would I do taht kind of transfer to a custom model?
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...ation_Overview

Here you go. If this page doesn't answer your question, look at the bottom for similar pages on the subject.

How about you ask Wizard Santa. If my memory servers me correctly, he was getting into the world of Hale-Making, and would probably know how to fix his problem.

EDIT: See? Told you he knows.
    Last edited by Dragonfist; 01-19-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

If you are trying to make a custom hale model, it will take some time to do. The best way to start is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X5Q...lVOOI7x&t=976s

This dude can literally walk you step by step how to customize a model; however, it will not change the hitboxes of a particular class, that is another thing in itself. Inside the video he tells you how to export a base model from tf2 (In sense, this is also the same way you can make a new 'hat'), although that is as far as I had gotten to that. You would need a .vtf and .vmt to accompany for the materials for that model (ie the actual coloring the model) as well as a .phy file and the appropriate .dx80 and .dx90 files for proper animations. All of this together is needed to make a proper, functioning custom model.

Otherwise, you can browse the gmod workshop, subscribe to a model, and then use a .gma to .mdl converter in order to get existing models (the easiest ways for me)

The other step that would need to get completed is the .cfg file; without one, you simply would not have a working hale to begin with. It will take around a couple days to learn, but is otherwise self explanatory once you get used to the 'language'.

Take a look at this, and study it a bit:

https://github.com/50DKP/FF2-Officia...-Configuration

(Use other resources to help you if needed.)

Honestly the config part is the simplest to do, its finding the models that are a hassle. I've been delayed with Lizard-Man because his file is not showing up in the gmod folder. My suggestion is to learn the config first, then delve into the models. Hope to see another face that can help the community!
    Last edited by Wizard Santa; 01-19-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Forum Babus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Santa View Post
    If you are trying to make a custom hale model, it will take some time to do. The best way to start is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X5Q...lVOOI7x&t=976s

This dude can literally walk you step by step how to customize a model; however, it will not change the hitboxes of a particular class, that is another thing in itself. Inside the video he tells you how to export a base model from tf2 (In sense, this is also the same way you can make a new 'hat'), although that is as far as I had gotten to that. You would need a .vtf and .vmt to accompany for the materials for that model (ie the actual coloring the model) as well as a .phy file and the appropriate .dx80 and .dx90 files for proper animations. All of this together is needed to make a proper, functioning custom model.

Otherwise, you can browse the gmod workshop, subscribe to a model, and then use a .gma to .mdl converter in order to get existing models (the easiest ways for me)

The other step that would need to get completed is the .cfg file; without one, you simply would not have a working hale to begin with. It will take around a couple days to learn, but is otherwise self explanatory once you get used to the 'language'.

Take a look at this, and study it a bit:

https://github.com/50DKP/FF2-Officia...-Configuration

(Use other resources to help you if needed.)

Honestly the config part is the simplest to do, its finding the models that are a hassle. I've been delayed with Lizard-Man because his file is not showing up in the gmod folder. My suggestion is to learn the config first, then delve into the models. Hope to see another face that can help the community!
    Thanks! I'll take a look into those!