Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Posts 111 to 120 of 146
  1. #111
    Forum Fanatic JimOfRicefields's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    329
    CT is an extremely powerful Hale that's very simple to play. Aim is kinda needed for his most powerful tool, his gun.

    I don't believe he needs a buff, since he can demolish groups of players with his rage.

    It appears you used the strategy of staying in spawn and waiting for people to come to you. That is NEVER a good idea unless you're someone like Zorsterer, and even then you can get a large chunk of HP taken.

    CT is already strong enough with his minions, snipers and gun. Don't rely on it for long-range damage, but rather as a close-to-medium range insta-kill. It will kill most classes besides the highest HP loadouts. If anything, use it to finish off enemies. It does 200 damage at medium range.

    Like all Hales, he relies on picking off enemies instead of fighting the whole crowd (which is a bad idea if there's 30 players) to fuel his minion capacity. Do that next time.

  2. #112
    Regular

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Colorado (USA)
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOfRicefields View Post
    CT is an extremely powerful Hale that's very simple to play. Aim is kinda needed for his most powerful tool, his gun.

    I don't believe he needs a buff, since he can demolish groups of players with his rage.

    It appears you used the strategy of staying in spawn and waiting for people to come to you. That is NEVER a good idea unless you're someone like Zorsterer, and even then you can get a large chunk of HP taken.

    CT is already strong enough with his minions, snipers and gun. Don't rely on it for long-range damage, but rather as a close-to-medium range insta-kill. It will kill most classes besides the highest HP loadouts. If anything, use it to finish off enemies. It does 200 damage at medium range.

    Like all Hales, he relies on picking off enemies instead of fighting the whole crowd (which is a bad idea if there's 30 players) to fuel his minion capacity. Do that next time.
    In my defense I never hide in spawn, and initially I was trying to be sneaky and I got behind most of the players and killed a couple, but then they surrounded me and it was tought to get away. I had to ditch my minions.

    By the way, I think the ubersaw should get 60% uber per hit instead of 50%. just so you aren't left with 90% when you get one swing in and there's no healing targets around. Any takers?
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

    it's not working

  3. #113
    Post Maestro Dr. Cheech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Nope Le Engineer View Post
    By the way, I think the ubersaw should get 60% uber per hit instead of 50%. just so you aren't left with 90% when you get one swing in and there's no healing targets around. Any takers?
    And have people who lag around and can land a hit on you, but not get hit have a free pass? No.
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

  4. #114
    Regular

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Colorado (USA)
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheech View Post
    And have people who lag around and can land a hit on you, but not get hit have a free pass? No.
    I don't understand.
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

    it's not working

  5. #115
    Post Maestro Dr. Cheech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    536
    There are a lot of people on our servers with a buttload of ping/crappy internet/connection abuse/etc. This stat change is too much to begin with, let alone with someone who can somehow hit you from halfway across the map and you can't hit them point blank. Stock uber is strong enough without a guaranteed uber in 1 hit.

    Also, CT doesn't need a buff. He doesn't even need a rage really. The revolver he uses has 100% accuracy if you let it recover from recoil between shots(~1.25 seconds).
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Revolver

    It's not inaccurate, it suffers from people with less practiced aim, that's all. Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it eventually.

    Side note:
    If you look at the wiki link at see the changes, the Gun Mettle one is high quality:
    "Spy no longer smacks himself in the face while reloading a Revolver (New Spy Revolver reload animation that does not block cross hair)."
    Last edited by Dr. Cheech; 04-19-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

  6. #116
    Regular

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Colorado (USA)
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheech View Post
    There are a lot of people on our servers with a buttload of ping/crappy internet/connection abuse/etc. This stat change is too much to begin with, let alone with someone who can somehow hit you from halfway across the map and you can't hit them point blank. Stock uber is strong enough without a guaranteed uber in 1 hit.

    Also, CT doesn't need a buff. He doesn't even need a rage really. The revolver he uses has 100% accuracy if you let it recover from recoil between shots(~1.25 seconds).
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Revolver

    It's not inaccurate, it suffers from people with less practiced aim, that's all. Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it eventually.

    Side note:
    If you look at the wiki link at see the changes, the Gun Mettle one is high quality:
    "Spy no longer smacks himself in the face while reloading a Revolver (New Spy Revolver reload animation that does not block cross hair)."
    Okay, that makes sense. I didn't really think of that.
    I think I'm just bad at tracking and aiming. I won another hale round as CT yesterday, though. Only I managed to win with 50% of my hp left. I tried using the revolver only at mid-close range and I tried to draw as many people into the dungeon tunnels (castle siege) and it worked really well, they couldn't dodge and weave to get away. I only had to leave when I'd killed 1/3 of the players and they stopped coming down, but by then I had 9 minions or so per rage and it wasn't a problem. Thanks.
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

    it's not working

  7. #117
    Now that Military Area has been completely removed, my military-centric buff on giving CT knockback resistance really doesn't matter to me, although his melee is a little bit too unrewarding. The gun should be the thing to do less damage, honestly.

    I don't know, it seems like my ideas don't appeal to very many people so it doesn't matter much, lol.

  8. #118
    Post Maestro Dr. Cheech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    536
    CT currently does 195 per melee hit. That's standard melee damage on top of a gun. The issue with buffing CT was that you were justifying an excessive buff for a very situational occurrence. That's the main issue with a majority of your buff ideas, they're situational. I'm sure your ideas would be very appreciated if you consider all situations they would be applied to.
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

  9. #119
    Didn't know the 98 damage got changed. Regardless, the situational buffs that I recommend tend not to completely ruin the weapon, but instead add another method of using the weapon, at least in my opinion. I will say that Switch and Mini did go forward with a couple of changes I argued for and no one has said anything about them. Ambassador damage buffs, Sun on a Stick changes, Scotsman Skullcutter rework, Machina damage buffs, Stock Sniper Rifle/AWPer charge rate increase, Brass Beast, Bat, Atomizer (while VERY indirect), etc. Yes, not all of these are 100% mine, but there is a good portion of them that came from me. You need to look past the grimey, gross, buff suggestions I have issued before. There's also the huge post on the huge xyro/nightmare medic/heavy+medic problem that there have been no negative comments on.

    The majority of my "bad" buffs, I never continually argue for, and instead just stop with them, because half of the time I do it when I'm extremely tired and just want to do something cool.

    The rest are some legitimate buffs.

    Just a reply, no need to assume that I am attacking you. I am simply seeing your statement and realizing why you say it, and giving you some output so you might change your mind.

    Also, as a silly note, I am not the one who recommended the infinite heads idea, the ubersaw idea, or any of the super radical ideas that absolutely no one liked, lol.

    And, if you really want, use examples against me and I will tell you why that idea even came to my mind and how it could be applied, if it's not one of those ones I recommended while I was tired. Then, I'll tell you it was me being stupid.

  10. #120
    Post Maestro Dr. Cheech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    536
    I'm aware of the buffs that got passed. I pushed for a lot of those as well. I honestly think we need more funny gimmick weapons to throw in some hilarity. Like the Disciplinary Action or the pan. I'm aware you've made good suggestions though, don't worry. lol
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Contribute to Reflex

We Appreciate Your Support
Monthly Goal:175.00 Received:136.66
78% 
Apr-25  Fusion  USD25.00
Apr-24  Phawks & M...  USD5.00
Apr-17  gorlilla  USD10.00
Apr-16  Great_Lone...  USD5.00
Apr-14  OfficerOva...  USD5.00

TeamSpeak 3


RXG Public TeamSpeak


ts.reflex-gamers.com


April 2017

S M T W T F S
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0