Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
Posts 661 to 668 of 668

Rootin Tootin Putin
    Has a base jumper
    Rage: Gives Putin a brass beast with high firing speed, spread, ammo capacity, and dps. Brass beast deploys, holsters, and revs up fast. Brass beast massively decreases movement speed, forcing hale to use it in combination with the base jumper. h̶e̶a̶v̶y̶c̶o̶p̶t̶e̶r̶

• See if the airstrike stat works with miniguns; would prevent hale from just dropping in the middle of the group on open maps

Ability: Either...

1. Hale gets a grenade launcher, similar to the old easter bunny rage
    2. Hale drops a big bomb

Quote Originally Posted by natsumehack View Post
    Change the Loose back to the Old stats The new version is skillless.

-From a Loose cannon Main back when it was 1 shot and over 1700 damage.
    So being a Loose Cannon main you would know sometimes Double Donks don?t registers at times because Hale could escape the blast radius before the explosion goes off. So tell me what happened when you try that and Hale in your face after firing your only shot.

The Loose Cannon stats were basically trash. Single shot clip with slow reload. The cannon couldn?t even protect you in close-range or got tunneled by the Hale at all. The cannon was only good for spamming at the right distance to get Donks of 1800 damage. It didn?t encourage any other play but running away to the right distance and spamming. At least with the reduced damage and extra shots you can be more active and better espaces

Also this weapon had but this demo in general loadout are just boring, blame , and don?t avail to much. There was post about a Shield work that will spice up demoknight with decent consistent shield attributes/stats. But as far as I know that didn?t happen.
    DID IT WORK???

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    So being a Loose Cannon main you would know sometimes Double Donks don?t registers at times because Hale could escape the blast radius before the explosion goes off. So tell me what happened when you try that and Hale in your face after firing your only shot.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say I main it, but it happens to be my favorite weapon on the server for the wonderful Feed back ya get on Donks, and the Nice bit of damage it does.

I've never personally have that happen to me, and if the hale is in your face and you didn't knock him back already with your Ball. Have a plan B such as a Shield to dash with ( TnC because of the ammo regen and extra max ammo is best if you ask me) or a sticky bomb to jump away with already ready to go.

The Loose Cannon stats were basically trash. Single shot clip with slow reload. The cannon couldn?t even protect you in close-range or got tunneled by the Hale at all. The cannon was only good for spamming at the right distance to get Donks of 1800 damage. It didn?t encourage any other play but running away to the right distance and spamming. At least with the reduced damage and extra shots you can be more active and better espaces
    It's a High skill High Risk weapon. Sure you can Non Stop spam your balls at the hale in hopes of getting a lucky donk, or you can take your time to carefully aim your shots and predict where he going to go. The Play style and point of the weapon is a Medium-Long range Skill shot. It's a simple concept, It's not meant to be some Get out of jail free card for escapes, or for you to be a super active In the enemy's face demo. The slow reload helps to enforce a less spam filled playstyle by making your shots count more.

Trust me coming from experience it was rightfully nerfed to where it is now.

So before it used to do more damage, I think around 2.4k if Memory serves me right. Had Little to no self damage, and No fall damage. It was horribly OP, and Even a new player could use it to escape the hale for free.

On the Topic of the 4 shot version. That was the spam version of Loose cannon. It took no skill to use.

Also this weapon had but this demo in general loadout are just boring, blame , and don?t avail to much. There was post about a Shield work that will spice up demoknight with decent consistent shield attributes/stats. But as far as I know that didn?t happen.
    The Weapon has a role it was designed for, and people try to build around it, to compliment what that role is. Don't blame the weapon for not fitting the play style you like.

new quality about 27 birds hale incoming
    we give demoman a grenade launcher (similar to ff2 stock grenade launcher, but with more spread and reload time) and every grenade has bionic commando-ish damage/range (and a cart explosion visual, very important). He always has the grenade launcher. But he barely has any health. To keep dmg numbers high, he might have a decent amount of health but take tons of extra damage from every type.
    good hale

its working fine with me and also i was able to succeed in getting clips from twitch
    you should definitely try it, i am sure it will be of use. Keep me updated. Cheers!
    Last edited by bazingaa; 03-14-2020 at 04:10 AM.

We?ve had a lot of game balance discussions (complain-fests) over the past few weeks, and here are some suggestions we?ve come up with.

Ordered by most wanted change first.
    (UPDATED 5/25, NEW CHANGES DENOTED IN BLUE)

Random Crits
    Problem:

• Against a large number of players, the hale can?t spend too much effort to kill one individual player; making random crits necessary. With lower player numbers, however, they make killing individual players too easy.

My suggestion would be to:

• Add a plugin that disables hale random crits when there?s 7 or fewer players on the server. The number is semi-arbitrary, but that?s when, in my experience, I feel there?s enough players for the hale?s killpower to be increased. This would be a very helpful quality of life change that would make gathering a server population much easier.

Hat Kid
    Problems:

• Hat Kid is small, fast, and almost always in the air. She?s still pretty hard to hit even with the recent size increase, and on the side of the player, she's reallly unfun to fight.
    • Between being hard to hit and having 3 uber deathrages, rounds with Hat Kid take forever.
    • Hat Kid?s UI doesn?t tell the player that her m3 laser or grapple hook exist.
    • I'm pretty sure there's a game design principle that states that the player can reliably keep track of about 5 things at once in short term memory. This is why, in the original Doom, there are only 5 basic categories of enemies in each level, and is also the reason Steam Guard codes are 5 digits long. At any given point, Hat Kid can attack with m1, air dash, switch to grapple hook, laser, speed hat, AOE stun, and get nades ? a large array of abilities that's hard to keep track of.

• Increase the size of her hitbox to that of a normal model. Suggestions have been flying around to reconfigure her into ?Hat Woman,? which sounds fine to me.
    • Increase both the damage she takes and the health she has by the same percentage. Her low total health pool and hard-to-hit nature make final damage numbers (and satisfaction) low, and although this change wouldn?t affect gameplay, it would be more enjoyable on the part of the player. Would probably require a bit more knockback reduction as well, now that I think about it.
    • Combine some of her abilities. Going with the magic number 5, I'd suggest combining grenades with the AOE stun (while toning down its range and duration by a bit), moving the laser to the main rage rotation thingy, and removing speed hat (she already has good chasing options).

Airblasting
    Problem:

• Right now, you can pretty much just airblast the hale over and over again without too much danger. Some hales can?t counter airblast spam with their rages. Certain loadouts can spam airblast while dealing a ton of damage ? keeping hale out of kill range for as long as they want as their damage stacks up

• Increase the time between airblasts on the degreaser and the stock flamethrower, and probably increase ammo cost. Remove the massive airblast distance on the backburner (it?s basically an extreme nuisance weapon that?s hard to kill). Make airblasting cost a lot more ammo on the dragon?s fury (right now, it costs like 1 ammo out of 40).
    • (My suggestion only) Can we bring back airblasting hale projectiles? It requires you to switch from your main damage dealer, (most of the time) recognize the hale is about to shoot at you, requires skill to time and especially hit the hale back, and never does a lot of damage anyway. I always saw it as mostly fun and not very rewarding (minus the fact that it removes something that can kill you, which it still does).

Epic Scout
    Problem: He sucks.
    Suggested changes:

• Increase his weapon's damage, decrease the knockback he takes, and remove some of the less powerful rages (namely pistol and ambassador) from his random weapon rage's rotation.

Escape Plan
    Problem:

• Very annoying to chase down, replaces a more skillful and risky movement option (rocket jumping), and as a melee weapon, hitbox lag makes soldiers very difficult to hit (an extreme version of the old bfb problem in stock tf2).

• Add marked for death ? makes damage vulnerability clear to new players. Additional vulnerability might be a good idea, considering that this change doesn?t actually alter the hits-to-kill as a 270-damage hale.

Kukri
    Problem:

• As far as I?m concerned, huntsman is supposed to be a more risky, but more rewarding version of big projectile aim weapons (alongside crossbow and manmelter). The kukri used to have damage vulnerability (enough that hales could one shot them w/o crits). In my opinion, the removal of this mechanic unbalanced kukri + huntsman when compared to similar builds

• Re-add some level of damage vulnerability. I?m assuming the original change was made for a reason, so I?d suggest simply adding marked for death. This won?t one hit kill the sniper, but it?ll leave them with very little health, and (with 270 damage) they?d get killed by a second hit even if they got a health pack.
      • Consider re-adding the full +100% damage vulnerability. Kukri-huntsman does nearly double the damage of crusaders-amputator (but, to be fair, the medic loadout can still heal, uber, and kritz charge). (for an argument against this, talk to Bunt)

• Add crit resistance to the bushwacka. I personally think bushwacka is a much more fun weapon than the kukri, but it?s really lackluster in comparison. Adding a good amount of crit resistance (similar to the gunslinger) would make it stand up better against the kukri.

Thermal Thruster (My suggestion only)
    Proposed buff:

• I think a build revolving around thermal thruster dropping into goomba stomps would be a lot of fun. It?s really high risk and difficult to pull off, but high damage would make it very rewarding. I?d suggest a market garden-style damage ramp-up, with additional constant damage for lower pop.

Scattergun (My suggestion only)
    Problem:

• Right now, it?s a pointless weapon. It shoots fast and continuously, but does very small damage. It?s entirely outclassed by the pocket pistol, and it?s kinda really super boring.

• Completely rework the gun. Give it a fairly slow reload speed and stock clip size. Add a semi-fast firing speed, more bullets, and decently-high spray. This would make a ?hit-and-run? style gun, where you get close to hale, dump your clip over a relatively small amount of time, and retreat to reload. It?s a bit close to force of nature, but would probably be a lot of fun.

Extras:

• In general, a lot of scout weapons are bad
    • Chocobo: we should add needles back to shortstop
    • Chocobo: Sydney Sleeper doesn't work
    Last edited by about 27 birds; 05-25-2020 at 10:34 AM. Reason: update

Summarized Complaint: Mobility is fun yes but sometimes it can go too absurd and make one party stronger than the hale, whose's purpose should be stronger than red team. Most of the time this is true but not with the current meta.

Scout:
    He really doesn't have any speed-based weapons but he does have this,Mad Milk(Mutated Milk).
    Paired with a shortstop whose's healing recieved is 100%, nearly insta-health on one hit (since it crits on wet). Not much a big deal since it's just a scout with double jump and somewhat beefy hp. It isn't like sodapopper can get full hp within two hits and so on.
    Soldier: I don't have much issues with this class but sometimes things gotta go. Conch has a really long buff duration and it isn't hard to shoot 1-3 rockets and boom it's back up (Like mad milk, giving soldier more survivability). Perhaps making it stock duration or just shorter than it's current self.
    Escape plan is quite cancer, literally giving no real penalty for using it. Perhaps higher dmg on soldier if he has it active or minicrits.
    Reserve Shooter: Remove the speed on hit then we'll be fine. It's basically rubbing salt onto a flesh-wound by adding speed on hit. It isn't like this can stack on other weapons that provides speed already.
    Pyro: Primaries for this monster aren't built for m1w, most are airblast-based or statsticks (giving stats, not really used as a weapon). I know the airblast rework is coming and hopefully it wouldn't make them disgusting to fight against. However Degreaser and it's friend, the powerjack. Paired with flaregun or manmelter, You're doing medium to high damage without much penalties unlike other sets that provides a penalty for damage or speed. Take a look at bushwacka (tradeoff for speed is dmg vul) or escape plan(On active but it should have dmg vul or minicrit), maybe powerjack can be forced to that, or give it dmg vul for the mobility increase . You get at least 27% speed increase from those two weapons together and it's just the katana(Old katana where it hits and gains speed) all over again.
    Sniper: Kukri, a weapon that used to have dmg vul but it was exchanged for higher jump but was suddenly removed. Unlike the short circuit, this weapon allows the user to take no fall damage. Likewise to amputator, now it's making weapons like huntsman stronger due to it being a straight up buff. It isn't like darwins exist to give hp to the sniper.
    Medic: Likewise to current huntsman, crossbow is given the same mobility due to amputator. Really should be a tradeoff for the jump but amputator never really had any penalties.
    However quick-fix been a huge problem for awhile due to it's quite interesting god-healing (main job), crit resist (60%), and gaining uber pretty fast in general. I present a solution, give the quickfix on active or wearer healing received penalty 50-90% or so. This makes it so the quickfix medic can't just tank for his pocket. This makes it easier to take out and if you want to take an extra step, give it less overheal inexchange for it's healing rate.
    Vacc has been a side-problem due to it's shield (mvm shield) being able to prevent hales from jumping. Honestly don't know what to give it than it's shield but vacc gets it's shield faster when the pocket is actively doing damage.
    Overdose, high damage due to it being a bullet-hose and quite high speed. It's penalty is losing uber hit but isn't like you can grab uber quickly unless your alone. Perhaps giving it dmg vul or minicrit on wearer.
    Spy: Ever since eternal award became a mobility tool for him, everyone uses it. It's penalties been switching from health decrease to health drain but speed is well still speed, giving him an upperhand to quickly run. Likewise to the power combo (degreaser and powerjack), it allows spies's revolvers to do heavy damage but apparently the exchange here is if you miss a hit your instant dead. Honestly spy and medic are both pretty fast but not as fast as scout in stock play at least but in freak, they're literally speed demons. Perhaps 20% speed instead of it's 30% speed.
    L'Tranger, we should do something about this, unlike the other rants this is just plain out annoying. A few hits and poof, i have dr again. I get hit and i'll just do the same, vicious cycle of this revolver and dr. Perhaps minicrit or dmg vul can solve this.
    Hales:
    Most of the hales are slower due to their rages being quite strong but since a majority of the people use meta sets that capitalize on this weakness, makes them pretty irrevelant. That's why i'm making this complaint as some of these builds are only possible due to it's godly speed or ungodly healing and nerfing them could make these hales actually fun to play as.
    Current State: Only a few hales can actually catch up and make mobility from red team like dust. Meet robo Demoknight, opm,rock,heavnich,hat kid, and some who's rage can deal with them (depends like dr octo and such). These hales obtain absurd speed and delete red team regardless of loadout of speed.
    Also some genji feedback, he's basically anti-meta. he destroys any high damage kit or speed due to his rage but people dislike reflect, basically turns all dmg into a meer tickle but the drain is decently slow and i say to make it tick faster( Drain rage faster in a sense). You can cheese red team like hat kid's grapple. Also add some knockback reduc on the hale since he still gets knocked around like a golf ball.

Vaccinator suggestion/?/
    10% increased ubercharge rate
    +75% overheal bonus
    ubercharge rate bonus +8 (semi-works)
    ubercharge overheal rate penalty 36%
    overheal fill rate reduced 33%
    Overheal bonus shortened by 85%
    Let's make a situation, A heavy with max hp of 300 will be overhealed up to 675 hp but if he just runs off, that overheal goes down pretty fast. Unlike the quickfix, Vacc suffers from typical tf2 logic and if the patient gets hit, heal rate drops pretty low.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67