Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Yes, that one thing. That thing that utterly destroyed the lives of many by not doing a damn thing. Sitting in one place, they cackle as tens of people flock angrily out of our servers impatiently as they tire of waiting their turn...

So, lets give it back to them. Of course, not really give it back like the old. Let's have some fun, yeah?

As far as I know, the only two that we have is the normal cloak (which gives a damage reduction that I REALLY REALLY LOVE--I mean, hate) and the dead ringer, a useless counterpart to the normal cloak. If we bring back the cloak and dagger, I want to give reflex a new spiciness to the spy. The cloak and Dagger of my vision reduces the Spy's health down by 75 health (essentially they can be sneezed on) but increases the movement speed by a moderate amount. Since I haven't been on for awhile, I don't know, perhaps a 15% speed bonus? Oh yeah, fall damage is still present, so that's always fun.
    Since it is after all called the Cloak and Dagger, I believe it should have a reduced primary weapon damage but a higher knife damage, depending on what percentage seems fit for the occasion. This gives reason that if a spy wanted to use this to backpetal a boss with the speed bonus they could, especially paired with YER, but coming with a price.
    Now finally I believe the cloak should not have regenerative abilities while standing still, so instead they should have a longer cloaking period. Did I also mention how hilarious it would be to see a spy running away, only to see that when they cloak a 99% movement penalty is placed while cloaked? Sucks to be that guy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If given that all these stats were true, I can roughly guesstimate what the benefits of this addition were:

-Increased reward for backstabs, which are already rewarding as it is, or stabs in general. Hell, maybe even giving a speed bonus on stab.
    -Glass cannon spy HAS to make it away without cloaking. Cloaking is only viable when planning an attack.
    -Gives another way to play. Which overall just increasing diversity of gameplay.

It's con could be:

-Increased delay of games, and as many weapons, exploit-ability of movement speed.

Now as many weapons have been reworked since I have been gone, I still think it would be an overall fun time. Not to mention I would love to see some new faces panic as they try cloaking away from a hale, only to be giving him a nice 'mooch to the face. Lolleth, you should make it happen. Just sayin.

Have a happy Spook-month!

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Krer Kruger
    PFFFT, so you want to give the spy more sugar? Pair that with the stock sapper and you got annoying little BFB spies flying around like mosquitoes

Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice. Let the mosquitoes roam free gracefully in the fields.

Regular

No. YER + Stock Sapper + Cloak n Dagger = 55% (or 60%) speed bonus. That's absolutely ridiculous. YER already reduces hp to 75 which is plenty frail, and having 1hp with both weapons is not any worse than 75, since you already die on 1 hit from nearly everything.

You can already backpedal away from hales just fine with either YER or Stock sapper, assuming you're hitting them with your revolver when using the latter.

Spies do plenty of damage via backstabs already. I don't know that a stat on a cloak could decrease revolver stats, like damage, nor could it increase backstab damage. I could be wrong. Regardless, increasing spy's backstab damage would be ridiculous since it already does a ton (1/10th if I am correct).

A weapon like the Cloak n Dagger just doesn't have a place in Freak.

Additionally: The Dead Ringer is actually fairly decent now. The invis watch has about a ~4 sec delay from the moment you right-click to the time you actually turn invisible, while the dead ringer gives you almost immediate protection. Plus, it can still save you even if used with the YER, since it can reduce damage to below 80, while the invis watch caps damage at 80 per instance. It also has fairly strong passive healing and now regenerates passively in a minute. It's a good watch to use with the YER and red-tape recorder, for revolver spies.
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

it's not working

As far as I remembered many of these stats were not taken into place (Remember, I've been off for 5+ months now). I mainly wanted to see a dead stop of a spy frantically trying to get away from the hale.
    These are the "Maybe's", not the "Do it before I murder your puppy" kinda idea. Just brainstorming. Point being is that i would love to see the cloak and dagger come back mainly for the shenanigans Freak is known for. PS: That's just a bad idea for regenerating health to a spy. But then again, when has freak ever been properly balanced?

So say everything was scratched besides a normal cloak speed and a longer time remained in cloak. Downside is ya can't move. Personally i think if it were insta-cloaking it'd kinda be funny to see. That's all I want, is some funny-ass good ol Reflex shenanigans.

Give Cloak and Dagger the Inverse of stock.

Very fast cloak, very low cloak timer.

Instant cloak

400% decreased cloak regen rate
    Last edited by Skippy; 01-05-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Give Cloak and Dagger the Inverse of stock.

Very fast cloak, very low cloak timer.

Instant cloak

400% decreased cloak regen rate
    That doesn't solve the issue of people camping with it; It doesn't matter how quickly it drains when moving because, by design, its meant to never run out if you stand still. That is the problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLolleth View Post
    That doesn't solve the issue of people camping with it; It doesn't matter how quickly it drains when moving because, by design, its meant to never run out if you stand still. That is the problem with it.
    Just disable the CnD's native ability then.

I'm surprised this is still even a thing lol, cloak and dagger is a broken concept as is. I mostly just want to see more meme weapons be introduced into freak, but given the time away I'm sure there's plenty. RIGHT LOLLETH??