Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 35
    It might be worthwhile reworking the liberty launcher entirely. Hear me out:

Here are the current launchers:

Stock - Slow nuke
    Direct Hit - Fast nuke
    Black box - Health regen
    Beggar's - Bullshit spam
    Air Strike - Accurate bullshit spam
    C.Mangler - ???
    Original - Generic All-rounder
    LL - Generic All-rounder

Each launcher more or less has its own place except for these two, which compete over the same gimmick. The original doesn't provide enough of a different mechanic from the LL to really be considered a sidegrade like most weapons are. Really, the LL is just the original on easy mode, so unless you're really looking for that small bit of extra jump height, the only thing the original does is offer a logistically different way to kill people (slower, but more damage) than the LL (faster everything, slightly less damage).

Whether or not you prefer the original is irrelevant to the fact that the LL is objectively better - It's too better. It needs to not be as better as it is. It's too powerful. To fix this issue we'd likely want to do two things:

1.) Balance the original to be a nice middle ground between it and the LL and
    2.) Add new stats to the LL

Some ideas are as follows:

- We could just change the firing speed / etc to make it more or less of a spam weapon, but we have enough variety at this point that it wouldnt be worth it.

- Make it a weapon that is used primarily to build charge and offer the soldier a new medium of gameplay with his melee weapon. Like the demoknight, the LL would be used to build charge (very low damage, wide AOE, perhaps also 2s of fire damage or something) for the concherer or banner, at which point the soldier fulfills more of a support role for the rest of the team.

- Add specific modifiers to the rocket that are used for their utility instead of their damage. Implosion rockets, knockback rockets, fire damage, stun grenades, etc.

- Stock currently has -68% projectile speed. What if the LL had -100% projectile speed? The rockets would just float in the air and act as landmines. Apply whatever damage / utility modifiers to this to have a cool new weapon.

- The LL actually just has stats that help it perform better as melee and support. The LL itself wouldn't do any damage, or have otherwise very reduced primary stats.
    Last edited by Dr. Carrot; 09-29-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I've read all of the above posts and will be pushing another weapon update later tonight addressing some of your concerns.

24,000+ ​Player Teleports and rising!

I forgot to mention that the Huo long heater would have less bullet damage.

Perhaps we could make the Original into more of a pocket weapon. We could have one that's good for a roamer style, and one that's good for a pocket style. When being healed by a medic, it is considerably stronger, but when alone, it is weaker.

On this page, I think we should consider these stats.
    (It's a very useful page to have bookmarked. I use it pretty often.)

230, 232, 233, 234, 239, maybe combination of 224/225, 30 if we can use it, and 11 and 12 if we can use them

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Whoa, I didn't know that a list like that existed.

Just curious, but 1. why do the arrows of the huntsman "break" after 3m? and 2. Why does the fortified compound have 3 arrows in the magazine? Both of these seem utterly worthless.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

The way that the huntsman arrows penetrate players cause it to collide with various hitboxes and oversized of the objects in the map, such as doors (as if they are closed), stairs, and the capture point on nucleus. If you want reliable arrows, use the fortified compound or avoid the spots that they are breaking at.

I'll try it again, but the arrows are breaking in wide open spaces where there are no props. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Edit: Yeah, I'm just unlucky.
    Last edited by Dragonfist; 10-19-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Hey so I think the family business is too powerful again after the most recent update to it.

I could sit here and write an essay about why, but in my experience i've been dominating the server with this thing. I'm regularly getting 50 - 100 damage meatshots from across the map, which I guess is fine except for the fact that this bad boy has a two shot clip, so I can inflict like 150 damage from sniper range, depending on my luck.

I suggest shortening it down to one shot in the clip. The damage is fine as it is and I think the DPS will be more balanced this way. Heavy needs a burst weapon like this but 2 clip shots for a point-blanc 500 damage boom boom and an 80 damage long range shot might be a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Carrot View Post
    Hey so I think the family business is too powerful again after the most recent update to it.

I could sit here and write an essay about why, but in my experience i've been dominating the server with this thing. I'm regularly getting 50 - 100 damage meatshots from across the map, which I guess is fine except for the fact that this bad boy has a two shot clip, so I can inflict like 150 damage from sniper range, depending on my luck.

I suggest shortening it down to one shot in the clip. The damage is fine as it is and I think the DPS will be more balanced this way. Heavy needs a burst weapon like this but 2 clip shots for a point-blanc 500 damage boom boom and an 80 damage long range shot might be a bit much.
    If you were to give it only one shot, I would also recommend increasing reload time, because a lot the time they will just fire and keep firing because of the normal reload speed. Another suggestion that would make it not completely absurd to deal with would be to make the switch to speed slower, because the glove switch combos get really ridiculous to deal with. GRU can close the distance then murder you then just run away, fists of steel forces you to close the distance and then they quick switch then kill you. (although all these changes and only one shot would be a bit much so maybe keep the double shot)

I believe a combination of these nerfs would make it a decent sidegrade to the shotgun or the chocolate bar.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast