Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16
    Hey guys, starting a new thread where we will be documenting all the changes we make to Mayhem instead of having them scattered around everywhere. We already have a changelog for weapon changes located here, but this thread will be for all other changes such as maps or plugin changes. Newest changes are on top.

Changes made on 03/27/2016
    The Mayhem Map Rotation has been updated! Details below:

Map Info
    The number of previous maps excluded from nomination and votes has been increased from 6 to 8 past maps.

New Maps
    cp_whiterock_rc2
    pl_manngrove (Requires 12+ Players)
    ctf_chaos
    koth_nerve
    cp_toy_fort_v2 (Requires 30+ Players)
    cp_redstone_b2 (Requires 30+ Players)
    cp_heaven
    pl_beerbowl
    cp_toys_v2 (Requires 30+ Players)

Map Changes

pl_borax_b1 has been updated to pl_borax_rc2
    cp_volcanic_a25 has been updated to cp_volcanic_a26
    cp_glassworks_rc1 has been updated to cp_glassworks_rc6a
    pl_pier_b16 has been updated to pl_pier_b20
    cp_blackmesa_final now requires 24 players in order to play

Maps Removed

plr_valentine_72_b1 (Not very popular)
    pl_retawdab (To much badwater)
    cp_process (Not very popular)

Total maps in the rotation: 55

Link to the current map config (click me)

Changes made on 03/14/2016
    - Killstreaks on stock weapons have been removed. We are working on making killstreaks work for every weapon but doing so requires us to redo every weapon and that will take some time. Hopefully we can have it out within the next month.
    - The Bottle, Huo-Long Heater, and Family Buisness have all had changes made to them here.

Changes made on 03/10/2016
    - Rocket Jumper can no longer carry the intelligence
    - The Soda Popper now works properly and hype is now usable

Temporary Changes on 03/10/2016
    Killstreaks and other stats (like Stranges) have been enabled for all TF2 Default Items. This means that all vanilla TF2 Items with no stats will now have our stats, plus all your Killstreak and Strange stats. (Example: Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, Scattergun, ETC.) Any weapons with stats do not have this enabled (Example: Black Box, Soda Popper, Brass Beast, ETC.)

This is only temporary in my effort to fix Killstreak Weapons and hopefully we will have a fix for all weapons soon.
    Last edited by SwitchView; 03-28-2017 at 12:17 AM.

24,000+ ​Player Teleports and rising!

Temporary Changes on 03/10/2016

Killstreaks and other stats (like Stranges) have been enabled for all TF2 Default Items. This means that all vanilla TF2 Items with no stats will now have our stats, plus all your Killstreak and Strange stats. (Example: Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, Scattergun, ETC.) Any weapons with stats do not have this enabled (Example: Black Box, Soda Popper, Brass Beast, ETC.)

This is only temporary in my effort to fix Killstreak Weapons and hopefully we will have a fix for all weapons soon.

Changes made on 03/14/2016

- Killstreaks on stock weapons have been removed. We are working on making killstreaks work for every weapon but doing so requires us to redo every weapon and that will take some time. Hopefully we can have it out within the next month.
    - The Bottle, Huo-Long Heater, and Family Buisness have all had changes made to them here.

Going to revive this thread as people have been asking me lately what I've been changing. I'll also post any non-weapon changes that I make as those are not on the weapon changelog.

Changes made on July 13th 2017
    Map Voting

- For the next day or two we are going to be using a different voting method to vote for maps. Instead of using numbers 1-9 to vote we will be using the Valve voting system. You will have to press ESC and then use F1 keys or click on the map you want to vote for. I will be watching for feedback on this and see if it effects the number of people that vote.

The main reason for this change is so that weapon switching doesn't get blocked by the map vote.

Weapon Fixes / Changes
    - The Flying Guillotine has been fixed to correctly crit stunned players.
    - The Degreaser, Mad Milk, Mad Melter, and Sydney Sleeper will now restore 25 health upon extinguishing a teammate. I may increase the amount of health restored in the future to encourage team play further.

July 14th 2017 Changes
    Map Voting
    - Voting has been reverted back to using regular number keys to vote for a map due to lack of votes using the new system.
    - Removed the first couple of numbers that prevented voting so that you wouldn't "hit buttons needlessly to get rid of the menu."
    - Added a "No Vote" option to the top of the list, you can use this to quickly get rid of the menu so you can change weapons or if you just don't want to vote.

August 1st 2017 Changes
    As of today I have disabled default TF2 autobalancing and enabled gScramble to help provide for a better gameplay experience. For now this is just a test run. If there is no noticeable difference or the improvement is not that great then we will not continue to use it. I will also be periodically enabling/disabling it over the next week to see how things play out. Details about the gScramble configuration below:

- gScramble will balance players based on GameMe rankings
    - gScramble will not scramble players if a Payload cart is 85% the way or more
    - gScramble will not scramble players if there is 60 seconds or less in a match
    - If one team has 3 or more players than the other team a balance will be forced regardless of game state
    - If teams have been imbalanced for 3 or more minutes then a balance will be forced regardless of game state
    - Engineers are immune from balancing to prevent destruction of a players setup
    - If there is only one medic on a team then they are immune from being balanced
    - Players in Duels are immune from being scrambled or moved teams
    - Admins+ or Donators are not immune from balancing, nobody is immune except Engineers, lone Medics, or dueling players
    - Spies will not be balanced if a sapper is active
    - If more than half a team is dominating a player on the enemy team then a scramble will occur
    - If a team wins a round in under 2 minutes then a scramble will occur
    - 75% votes for a scramble are needed to !votescramble

Weapons
    - Big Earner has been fixed and will now give cloak and cloak properly on backstab
    - Your Eternal Reward plugin has been removed due to it not working and reverted to stock TF2 stats. We will be providing new stats for this knife it the very near future

August 18th 2017 Changes
    Hey folks, sorry for the slow down of changes recently but I've been on vacation before I head back to school and I've been making sure to enjoy it!

Plugins
    - gScramble has been disabled and we have reverted to stock TF2 autobalance. The reason for this is parts of the plugin not functioning correctly, and often it would make the teams more unbalanced rather than balancing them. In some cases it would actually stack more OP players together rather than seperate them. We may try another trial run of gScramble in the future with a different configuration, but for now we will be sticking with TF2 autobalance.

Item Changes
    In my ongoing effort to balance out shop items a bit I have changed monoculus a bit more.
    - Boss Monoculus now gain 300 health per player instead of 200.

Weapons
    There will be a large weapon update in the very near future to balance a few items out and to help shake up the meta. People have expressed the meta is a bit stale and I'm hoping the upcoming update will shake things up a bit (nothing super drastic, but hopefully enough to change gameplay a bit).

September 13th Changes
    The long awaited giant weapon update is now live! It contains changes to a total of 20 weapons which makes it the biggest update we've ever done. View the changes here:
    http://weaponlist.reflex-gamers.com/...ages/changelog

This update also marks a milestone for us, as it marks the end of the "massive updates" to Mayhem. We will no longer be holding off weapon changes to be put into a large group in the future, and will instead being doing small weekly/biweekly (or maybe more) updates to help keep the meta fresh and provide quicker balancing. There may be large rework updates in the future for some weapons but we won't be holding off weapons just for the sake of putting them in one larger update.

I am also currently churning away on one last major update to enable killstreaks. This will take me some time as I have to redo the stats on every weapon, but I'm grinding away at it. I hope to have it live before the end of the month.

There will also be large map update sometime later this week to help in my effort of keeping things fresh.

September 13th Changes
    Sorry folks was on Vacation over the weekend and didn't have computer access, otherwise I would of fixed this sooner.

Weapon Changes
    Vaccinator
    - Heal rate penalty fixed and is now -75% again. It was accidentally changed from -75% to -1% during testing and I forgot to revert it when I pushed it live.

There will be a weapon update later this week with changes to the Cow Mangler, Gunslinger and possibly a few other weapons.

September 27th 2017 Changes
    Weapon Changes
    A balance update has been pushed making changes to 5 weapons (Vaccinator, Gunslinger, Cow Mangler, Kunai, and The Family Buisness) to help improve balance. The list of changes can be found here:
    http://weaponlist.reflex-gamers.com/...ages/changelog

Map Changes
    - Added koth_skyward_b2
    - Added koth_lakeside_final

- Removed ctf_facility_build55
    - Removed ctf_chaos
    - Removed ctf_vikings

- Moved cp_snakewater to "Peak Times" group
    - Moved pl_frontier_final to "Peak Times" group
    - Moved pl_thundermountain to "Peak Times" group

- cp_tidal_v4 now requires 20 players to play (up from 16)
    - pl_clifftop, pl_5curve, pl_rainbowride now requires 12 players to play (down from 16)
    - cp_egypt_final now requires 16 players to play (down from 25)
    - cp_sunshine_rc9 changed to cp_sunshine
    These changes have been made due to the fact that when these maps end up getting played they do not bring server population up and can sometimes cause population to drop.

Maps in the "Available at all times" changed to:
    koth_nucleus
    plr_hightower
    pl_badwater
    pl_upward
    cp_gorge
    pl_borneo
    koth_sawmill
    koth_harvest_final
    koth_lakeside_final
    pl_swiftwater