Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11

Hi, I'm TornTomato and I've been enjoying my time on the rxg FF2x10 server!

I want to make a tier-list of the current bosses that the server has to offer. Some bosses have a better kit than other bosses. Other bosses are great to counter the Mercenary metagame. The tier list is a WIP and would be more than grateful for suggestions.

For all intents and purposes, I made a list with the average health of the majority of the Hale cast. I did the best I could but it's enough data to create an "average". The list can be found http://pastebin.com/wdWPX7h5 on that link or a downloadable txt file below. Hale Average Health is from 2565 HP to 2835 HP per player.

What determines a boss' tier placing:

Health
    Walk Speed
    Super Jump Velocity
    Weighdown Responsiveness

Knockback Resistance
    Damage Resistance

Swing Speed
    Damage Per Hit
    Melee Range

Rage Rate
    Rage Effectiveness

Hale's Win Ratio

SS-Tier: Saxton Hale & Skeleton King

Saxton Hale
    Above average health
    His Super jump has more Oomph to it, allowing good airstrafing
    Average damage per swing coupled with average swing speed; normal melee range
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed
    Weighdown is responsive
    Can use his rage in a variety of ways:
    Lunge: Basically a versatile super jump or knockback-resistant distance closer.
    Slam: Large splash of damage. Destroys buildings instantly, so it seems.
    Berserk: Consumes all rage.
    Under Berserk Saxton Hale receives:
    Full knockback resistance
    Faster swing speed
    More damage per hit
    Increased walk speed
    Cannot be stunned
    No fear radius

Skeleton King
    Slightly below average health, coupled with his health splitting in half. Can regenerate a life
    Like Saxton Hale, his super jump has more strength behind it, allowing him to easily airstrafe

Average damage per swing coupled with average swing speed; extended melee range
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed
    R Ability: Skeleton King throws a stun fireball.
    RAGE: Skeleton King gains uber and instant-kills enemies in a large radius around him.
    Fear radius is approximately the same as his rage-kill radius

S-Tier: Xyro & Christian Brutal Sniper

Xyro
    Slightly above average health
    Average super jump
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed
    One of the best rages in FF2X10
    RAGE: Xyro gets 2 fast traveling detonator flares with an extreme blast radius. The blast is enough to OHK most players and the afterburn is just as deadly.
    No fear radius

Christian Brutal Sniper
    Way above average health [To be honest, his scaling his broken. Check the link above for my reasoning why.]
    Average super jump
    Increased rage rate
    Average walk speed
    Seems lighter than the other Hales
    Easily one of the better rages in FF2X10
    RAGE: Gains arrows. Amount given are based on how many players are alive. Arrows deal massive amounts of damage, able to headshot.
    Small fear radius

A-Tier: Serious Sam, Solid Snek & Bonk Boy

Serious Sam
    Slightly below average health
    Average super jump
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed
    Weighdown is responsive
    Has Knockback Resistance
    Easily one of the better rages in FF2x10
    RAGE: Gets a shotgun with 4 shots. Shotgun deals massive amounts of damage, able to penetrate enemy players.
    Causes fear.

Solid Snek
    Below average health
    Lower damage per swing coupled with average swing speed; normal melee range; can backstab and assume backstabbed player's disguise; cannot crit
    Maneuverable super jump
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed
    RAGE: Snek is Ubered, blinds enemy players and gets a revolver with 3 shots. Revolver deals massive amounts of damage. Unsure whether it can headshot but it does have damage fall-off.
    No fear.
    (I think he has an R ability. I haven't tried it but when I do, I'll update Snake's stats!)

Bonk Boy
    Average health
    Higher damage per swing coupled with increased swing speed; normal melee range
    No super jump; instead Bonk Boy receives a triple jump and teleport. Once Bonk Boy uses his Rage, the triple jump becomes a double jump because of the Sandman.
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed
    No weighdown [I have heard a player recently report on the mic that he could not weighdown with Bonk Boy. I'll test this myself later]
    RAGE: Bonk Boy is Ubered and gets a Sandman with 40 baseballs. Baseballs deal 45 or 135 damage and cause a 1 to 5 second mini-stun.
    No fear.

B-Tier: Counter Terrorist, Ninja Spy, Gabe Newell & Bionic Commando

Counter Terrorist
    Below average health
    Low damage per swing coupled with average swing speed; normal melee range. Gets a slow firing revolver capable of OHK'ing at close range. Can crit!
    No super jump; no teleport
    Average rage rate
    Sluggish walk speed?
    Unique Passive: Crouching and looking up revives 2 dead mercenaries as Robot Snipers. Robot Snipers deal regular damage and can headshot
    RAGE: Counter Terrorist revives the dead mercenaries onto his team as Counter Terrorists with low damage Cleaner's Carbines
    Causes fear

Ninja Spy
    Slightly below average health. Health is divided into 4 lives. A depleted life, except the 4th, gives NinjaSpy GabeN RAGE-like properties for a few seconds.
    Low damage per swing coupled with average swing speed; normal melee range
    Average super jump
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed
    Has increased knockback
    Unique Passive: Market Garden & Goomba resistant. MG & Goomba takes the value of Ninja Spy's divided health.
    RAGE: Ninja Spy fears enemies.
    Very small fear radius

Gabe Newell
    Average health
    Average super jump
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed

Has knockback resistance
    RAGE: Gabe Newell slows time down for a few seconds. Gabe can then punch an enemy, no matter the distance, and teleport into them for an instant kill.
    Causes fear

Bionic Commando

Very slightly above average health
    Average super jump
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed

RAGE: Bionic Commando gets an unloaded Black Box with 1 rocket. The launched rocket travels slowly with a big AoE. The blast is enough to OHK most players.
    Causes fear

C-Tier: Beep Man, Radigan Conagher & Predator

Beep Man
    Very slightly above average health
    No super jump; instead Beep Man gets a teleport
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed

Weighdown is responsive
    Has increased knockback
    Unique Passive: Damage Resistant & No Headshot Hitbox
    Can use his rage in 2 ways
    Steal: Uses some rage. Corrupts enemy player sentry guns. Shoots enemy players instead.
    RAGE: Lags enemy players. Beep Man gets 3 Entangle skills. Beep man entangles an enemy player by clicking on them.
    No fear

Radigan Conagher
    Above average health
    Average super jump
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed

RAGE: Radigan gets a Brass Beast with no movement penalty. The Brass Beast has high DPS at close range. Radigan takes increased damage for having the weapon active.
    Causes fear

Predator
    Even more below average health
    Below average damage per swing coupled with average swing speed; normal melee range; can backstab; cannot crit
    Sluggish super jump. Super jump has long cooldown
    Increased rage rate
    Average walk speed

R Ability: Super Jump
    Unique Passive: Can see cloaked spies. Can cloak for a short time. While cloaked, Predator takes very little damage. Kills with melee add to the cloak meter. Decloaking is faster than usual.
    RAGE: Fires fast moving energy projectiles that are shot at the closest target Predator is facing. For the most part they are instant-kill.
    No fear

D-Tier: Undead Sanic & Nightmare Sniper

Undead Sanic
    Even more below average health
    Way more damage per swing coupled with increased swing speed; normal melee range
    No super jump; instead Undead Sanic gets a teleport
    Average rage rate
    Increased walk speed
    Has near-immune knockback resistance
    RAGE: No rage. Nothing happens, really.
    No fear

Nightmare Sniper
    Even way more below average health
    Way more damage per swing coupled with average swing speed; normal melee range
    Average super jump

Average rage rate
    Average walk speed

Weighdown is responsive
    RAGE: Nightmare Sniper blinds enemy players for 1 second and teleports to a random enemy player. Nightmare Sniper revives 0-2 dead mercenaries into Nightmare Sniper clones. Enemy players are turned into Nightmare Sniper clones and friendly-fire is enabled. Character loadouts are reset [Ex: A Demoman with 4 heads is reset to 0 heads].
    Causes fear

E-Tier: Easter Bunny & Nightmare Medic

Easter Bunny
    Average health
    Average super jump

Increased rage rate
    Average walk speed
    Seems lighter than the other Hales
    Unique Passive: Easter Bunny jumps slightly higher. When Easter Bunny kills an enemy, eggs launch from the dead player. The eggs refill ammo and give a few seconds of crits.
    RAGE: Easter Bunny launches eggs in an area around him. The explosion of the egg deals more damage than a direct hit. An egg blast is barely enough to OHK some players.
    Causes fear

Nightmare Medic
    Average health

No super jump; instead Nightmare Medic gets a teleport
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed

Seems heavier than the other Hales
    RAGE: Nightmare Medic makes a series of fiery explosions. The initial blast deals a moderate amount of damage with a high amount of afterburn damage. The sequential blasts do little damage and cause no afterburn.
    No fear

F-Tier: SeeDuo & Zerstorer

SeeDuo
    Below average health. The health is almost evenly divided between the two players.
    Average super jump
    Average rage rate
    Average walk speed

Unique Passive: SeeDuo only say SEE for whenever dialogue would be spoken.
    Seeman RAGE: Seeman becomes completely immobile--he can still attack and turn--and causes a series of lethal explosions around him.
    Seeldier RAGE: Seeldier summons dead mercenaries as Seeldier clones. They move slowly with low attack.
    Both rages cause fear

Zerstorer
    Below average health
    Increased damage per swing coupled with slower swing speed; normal melee range. Gets a single shot Pomson that is capable of Marking People for Death. It deals a moderate amount of damage.
    Average super jump
    Decreased rage rate
    Average walk speed
    RAGE: Zerstorer becomes completely immobile, or sometimes he can move while he rages, and causes a series of lethal explosions around him.
    Causes fear

This is a subjective tier list. I've played Hale for a good amount of time over years and am using my experience to make a tier-list. I'm open to suggestions or revisions, please.

Edit: I appreciate the feedback! Thanks a bunch, guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TornTomato; 02-19-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Agreeably, those hale's are usually the all around most viable, especially saxton. However, not very many people understand his abilities, so he can sometimes be undermined as a "underpowered" hale. You forgot to mention Counter-Terrorist, who's main objective is to take out people fast before he gets overrun by mercs. Gaben is a hit or miss hale, but generally good. Plus bonkboy...
    One of our weakest hales may be surprisingly Zerstorer and Easter Bunny, both of which rely on enemies being very close. On closed maps, either will dominate, but as most of our maps are becoming increasingly open, these two characters get the disadvantage.

Our skill-based hales could consist of Congher (however his name is spelt) and Ninja Spy. I could be missing one or two as well. Our hales though are a highly subjective matter in debating which ones are better, but if you would like to make a list based on these attributes, by all means! Also, why not become an rxg member? Becoming one is simple, visit the membership application forum under our forums tab to learn more. I hope to see you on the floor!
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Undead Sanic(Mini doesn't like meme bosses, but uses this as a rename) is strong aswell. Being able to 1 shot and move extremely fast. He is by far the most skill based.
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

List is accurate imo.

personally I think we shouldn't consider the player but rather the Hale alone for when we tier them.

How do you tier something other than by the game play(aka the player)? We have a lot of good players on our servers that do well. If we didn't use this system, hales like Saxton would be seen as mediocre at best since there would be no game play to go off of. Zerstorer is another great example, his stats look great, but he sucks when actually played(though it is more than possible to win).

But yeah, CT, Bonk Boy and Serious Sam are all good hales aswell. Although Serious Sam and Xyro kind of have the point and click adventure rages. And then there's the W+M1/W+M2 adventure of Bonk Boy. The hales are good, butthey lack a ton of originality. Beep Man is definitely high tier also, and original to top it off.
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

Thank you for the suggestions, guys! I placed question marks on health averages because I don't have any formula to calculate Hale's health. I can only eyeball it and determine whether the Hale has low or high health (Example being Mummy with half health or Nightmare Sniper). Any errors please tell me so I can fix them. Thanks!

Wow! Great work on the list! You've done more work on this than most RXG members will ever do for all their projects. You should definitely join RXG. We would love to have you.

Personally, I would have put Bonk Boy and the Counter Terrorist in S Tier, and put Snake in B Tier. Speaking of, his R ability is a grenade launcher that eats rage over time. Super powerful, but hard to use.
    Finally, I'm not sure where to place Beep Man, perhaps somewhere in A Tier, as he has a 25% ranged damage reduction, the ability to corrupt sentries (very situational but devastating) and simulated lag. Kind of a boss where he's either great or terrible.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfist View Post
    Personally, I would have put Bonk Boy and the Counter Terrorist in S Tier, and put Snake in B Tier. Speaking of, his R ability is a grenade launcher that eats rage over time. Super powerful, but hard to use.
    Finally, I'm not sure where to place Beep Man, perhaps somewhere in A Tier, as he has a 25% ranged damage reduction, the ability to corrupt sentries (very situational but devastating) and simulated lag. Kind of a boss where he's either great or terrible.
    I had trouble tiering Counter Terrorist but he's sort of a utlity character that requires its player to use him to his fullest capability to shine well. A player who knows how to aim and utilize his entire kit would definitely bump him to A-Tier or even S-Tier. The only problem is that I've seen CT players die often so I had to lower him in the Tier List. He's still pretty high up there.

Bonk Boy is a really solid boss in the Tier List. Many players do well with him. The reasoning as to why he isn't any higher is because he doesn't have a Super Jump. As for Snake, I might lower him in the tier-list in the future because I've seen a lot of players lose with him recently.

Nice thead.

Recommendation: Move Bonk Boy Up to S or even SS.

He is the only boss with Uber + teleport, negating the negative of being forced into a player and stunned for a short duration. He is also the fastest boss by default due to his class being scout, aside from Undead Sanic, and is hard to backstab due to such.

His balls give him ranged pressure and crowd control in addition to mobility-cancel.

And, as you mentioned, he has high damage + swing speed. He's just an overall very powerful boss with a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling. He's an S as the minimum, and is well-deserving of SS.

Nightmare Medic is a C, for sure. He has an incredibly large radius and high burst damage with his rage that destroys demoknight shields and vaporizes squishy classes.

He also has high damage, much more than any other class.

However, because of his lack of stun and existance of fire-immune weapons such as the Huo-long Heater, he struggles against people who are competent enought to keep him back due to knockback.

He is strong, but has many counters. He is a C unless he gets a buff.

Lastly, Beep-Man is a B. He's an all-around well-rounded class, albeit a bit boring. His kit is clunky and he takes extra knockback, but he gets reduced ranged damage, which helps him very much.

He has a large amount of utility and is very strong, especially with his entangle and artificial lag. However, this makes him much harder to play than other bosses.

Because of his enhanced knockback, he can be kept away by general crowd-control unless artificial lag is activated, as well as being rather slow and easy to backstab.

Overall, he is a good boss, but that's all he is, good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast