Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Posts 11 to 15 of 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Carrot View Post
    It does no damage or negative damage to the player (can you heal an enemy with negative damage?)
    Swing speed reduced
    Scouts cant use it
    It shoots people upwards instead
    0 damage but +50% fire rate

just ideas
    Thanks for the ideas Apple, my thoughts:
    1.) No, just no. We don't want to make it completely useless damage wise and healing enemies would be counter productive
    2.) EDIT: Nevermind this isn't actually possible: I think making swing speed the same across the board for all classes would be the first good step. Right now having it as a heavy swings slower than a scout, maybe if we bring them all in line by either slowing them down or speeding them up.
    3.) We can't change this.
    4.) I don't think we can do that. The way it works right now is that it has the knockback attribute, but it is set to a negative value. I don't know how we would force people upwards with it.
    5.) People are complaining about the fire rate though, this would only make things work I think
    Last edited by SwitchView; 02-14-2017 at 07:31 PM.

24,000+ ​Player Teleports and rising!

1. I was under the impression it wasn't meant to be a damage weapon, just something to bring enemies closer to kill them with your primary. Either "knockback" or damage, you can't have both without backlash from the community.
    4. We can totally do that. It's what we did with the Direct Hit. it's #215 on this list. https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/L...tem_attributes

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfist View Post
    1. I was under the impression it wasn't meant to be a damage weapon, just something to bring enemies closer to kill them with your primary. Either "knockback" or damage, you can't have both without backlash from the community.
    4. We can totally do that. It's what we did with the Direct Hit. it's #215 on this list. https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/L...tem_attributes
    Z velocity acts as upwards momentum. It's one of the number of stats that allow the staff to pull, rather than push players.

This has been rather pleasant to see the issue become addressed; as I had mentioned before, the ideology of it being stronger than an pyro air blast for enviornmental kills still exist. Freak fortress has a -50 ammo per airblast, i don't know if that applies to mayhem as well. what is clearly different is the swing speed of the weapon gives the target more momentum while he is in the air, and the odd pattern while being a target and being tossed about in the air makes it super difficult to combat against. Plus it has more range than a pyro airblast!

The weapon idea just seemed to have a negative affect on my experience while playing on mayhem--although it is fun for those who are using, the other is having a hair-pulling time against the combatant. Since you ARE the advisor I will respect the decision of wanting to maintain its current status, but as with anything I believe community voice should always​ stand higher when deciding what to do for a server. They keep us alive!
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

There's another idea that might work, you decide.
    Make it hit yourself on miss, like how the boston basher normally is.
    Although, on second thought, it wouldn't do much to you...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2