Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Posts 161 to 170 of 664

For Cheech: I like all 3 maps, though I couldn't find a capture point on Jungle beach, which is a major flaw.

For BlastStriker: The main problem with random crits is that if the hale gets 3-4 hits in the last minute, and they hit you once, you will likely die, even if you are building to be tanky. I think a better solution would be a modified version of our current system, where your crit chance scales with damage. What would be better all around is if we had a system where the crit chance decayed a lot faster, but also built a lot faster and (possibly) to higher levels. For example, if the hale had not landed any hits in the last 30-35 seconds, then their crit chance would be almost nothing. If they've been landing their shots, then it would build to the max in 3 hits, and decay very quickly if they stopped landing hits.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Regular

I really like Dragonfist's theory. Crit chance build-up decaying and building faster would increase the whole thing's effectiveness. If the players are being overly aggresive, like in the first couple minutes where everyone swarms the hale, then the Hale can have a 60-75% crit chance and tear a path through them. If the Hale is hiding/running however, he will have a lower crit chance and find it more difficult to kill players, which is good since it is equal parts the Hale's and players' job to seek out confrontation. Additionally, the final 5-10 players who are generally (In my experience) cautious, aware of their surroundings, and more skilled, will have a better chance of surving because the Hale is lacking a large crowd of players to damage and boost his crit rate with.
    This way, the Hale is rewarded for being aggresive, which he should be able to do safely (with most hales, some are better suited for stealth like Predator and Snake), and is penalized for camping or running from fights. The players are rewarded for fighting more intelligently and penalized for jumping head-first into a tight crowd of other players and the Hale.

Side note: This could be seen as a "nerf" to Hales such as Predator and Snake, but I'd disagree. Their stealthy nature and playstyle means they can sneak up on players and get the jump on them, which usually allows for two succesive melee hits, and both are also capable of backstabs, which do not require crits to be totally effective (duh). I think this will just help out smarter players without harming different Hales too much.
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

it's not working

Taken straight from the confirmed information on the wiki:
    Melee weapons are designed to critical hit far more often than ranged ones in order to encourage their usage at close range. Their base critical hit chance starts at 15% - higher than attainable for ranged weapons with the recent damage bonus maxed out - and their recent damage bonus scales from 0% to 45%, meaning a player that has done 800 damage or more in the last 20 seconds has a melee critical hit rate of 60%.

So it does scale already. In 20 seconds a hale can lose the bonus chance. These ideas for changes would actually buff the hales in ways you are trying to fix. Please double check these things because you might get the buff you're trying to avoid.
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

Yeah... I'm going to level with ya, I did no research on this...
    However, you understand the general idea of the crit chance will fluctuate very rapidly, right? So that it rewards players who are getting kills and know how to play hale, and punishes cowards and campers, as well as how it evens the playing field a bit for the last few standing or solo players.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheech View Post
    Taken straight from the confirmed information on the wiki:
    Melee weapons are designed to critical hit far more often than ranged ones in order to encourage their usage at close range. Their base critical hit chance starts at 15% - higher than attainable for ranged weapons with the recent damage bonus maxed out - and their recent damage bonus scales from 0% to 45%, meaning a player that has done 800 damage or more in the last 20 seconds has a melee critical hit rate of 60%.

So it does scale already. In 20 seconds a hale can lose the bonus chance. These ideas for changes would actually buff the hales in ways you are trying to fix. Please double check these things because you might get the buff you're trying to avoid.
    Agreed. The system implemented is alright enough in my opinion. It's not like we can go in and reprogram the algorithm for random crits anyhow.

It currently works the way you want it to work, Dragon. The more damage you do in 20 seconds, the more likely you are to crit. It rewards aggression but punishes camping.

Quote Originally Posted by JimOfRicefields View Post
    Agreed. The system implemented is alright enough in my opinion. It's not like we can go in and reprogram the algorithm for random crits anyhow.

It currently works the way you want it to work, Dragon. The more damage you do in 20 seconds, the more likely you are to crit. It rewards aggression but punishes camping.
    So THAT'S why snipers get so many random crits with their melee...

Regular

What... what's this? You thought I was DONE posting ideas? HAHAHAHA! I'll never stop posting more obscenely absurd and insane suggestions! Even in 10 years, I'll still be here, all alone, posting ideas! I WILL NEVER DIE! MUAHAHAAAAHAHAA!

Yeah sorry, i just get a little caught up in the moment... all that power went to my head.

The Equalizer:
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    +125% Range
    +100% Damage
    +15% Movement Speed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    The Equalizer is one of the least used Soldier melees we have, especially since there are so many superior alternatives. It has less damage and range than the Homewrecker because Soldier can have more hp and banners to support himself (as well as others, of course).
    Jarate:
    +200% Misc Ammo
    +25% Regen Rate
    +100% Blast Radius
    Removes 5% Rage On Hit
    Target takes Mini-Crits

I think the current Jarate is... meh, but removing rage and extinguishing fire isn?t good enough. It should have the ability to make the target receive mini crits, just like the vanilla version.

Gimme dat feedback homie
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

it's not working

Quote Originally Posted by Nope Le Engineer View Post
    It should have the ability to make the target receive mini crits, just like the vanilla version.
    I strongly believe that jarate shouldn't make the hale receive mini crits. That would just be insane for a thrown projectile (or any weapon, really) to make any member that isn't already crit boosted to deal 35% more damage and remove damage falloff so any weapon has the potential to be very effective at long range. Making the hale receive mini-crits is all around a very bad idea, and I stand by it.

Oh boy... it's been a while since I've done one of these...

Sun on a Stick
    - Reduce explosive resistance from 90% -> 70%
    - Make the explosive resistance only apply when the weapon is active

My main/only problem with this weapon is that it's WAY too powerful against hales with an explosive rage, such as Bionic Commando and Easter Bunny. You have an almost full immunity to explosives that is also PASSIVE, which makes playing as an explosive hale absolute hell.

Airstrike
    - Remove the damage increase
    - Reduce max heads/clip size from 80 -> 40
    - Add an ammo regen of 15

This weapon is LITERALLY the cancer of freak at the moment. It's basically a clone of the beggars bazooka, but you don't have to hold down m1 for ages to get the full clip. Oh, what's that Dr. Octagonapus? You have 50% knockback resistance? Oh, that's ADORABLE. The airstrike will STILL send you flying around the map, which makes it extremely annoying when the last person has the airstrike and there's not much time left on the map. At least the Beggars Bazooka isn't very accurate.

Eureka Effect
    - Decrease the taunt speed penalty from -50% -> -25%

I can see why the speed penalty got nerfed, but did you really have to make it 50% slower? If it was something like -25%, it would be reasonable, but nerfing it to -50% makes the teleport almost useless. If you're in a sticky situation, you might as well let the hale kill you, 'cause it'll be able to catch you before you're even CLOSE to finishing the taunt.

Quick Fix
    - Decrease the healing bonus from
    500% -> 400%
    - Decrease ubercharge fill rate from
    125% -> 100%

Do I even need to explain why this weapon is on here? If a quick fix medic is pocketing a stock mini-gun + warriors spirit heavy, they're basically unkillable unless you get lucky and crit them. This is especially a problem with low base damage hales such as Xyro, where you would need a crit flare to kill a quick fix medic/heavy combo.

Kritzkrieg
    - Increase uber duration from 300% -> 450%

I honestly think that you went a little too harsh on the kritzkrieg, Switch. Sure, 900% was a bit much, but you really didn't have to cut the duration down by two thirds of what it originally was. Now, the kritzkrieg is used way less often to the point of it almost completely disappearing ever since the nerf to it and the buff to the quick fix.

Degreaser
    - Reduce airblast cost penalty from
    200% -> 150%

The airblast isn't very useful when you can only use it 4 or 5 times.

Let me know what you think about the ideas!
    Last edited by Ninetails; 05-08-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Small typo :3

I don't agree with the sun on a stick change since the scout has to be up in the hale's face to hit them and if the hale can't do that during one of the many times, that's their fault. Also, both of those rages have a stun.

I don't like the current airstrike, but I think we should remove the jump penalty and reduce the knockback it does by ~60%. Also, Dr. Octagonapus is a hard counter to that anyway(same with literally any hitscan hale).

Eureka Effect was nerfed because the engies could always escape. To the point where we could ghost them and their teleporters and they would still get away. It can be reworked into something else later.

You're reasoning for nerfing the quick fix is based on very specific situations(aka a heavy/medic combo). That's like nerfing/buffing based on a singular map. And Xyro gets those crit flares way too much anyway.

Kritzkrieg is the only one I agree with.

The degreaser is a not in need of a airblast buff. It hurts your team in the long run and makes playing the hale terrible.
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast