Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 668
    Thanks for the map suggestions lolleth! I will see about getting some of those added.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfist View Post
    First things first, +rep to Switch for taking on the responsibility of Freak advisor ( or so it seems) and giving us the update we needed.

1. Lolleth, I think that we had vsh_Brewery before, but it was either very buggy or very red sided. I can't remember which. (I think it was buggy.) Also, did you by chance draw some inspiration from Red Storage? I see a lot of similarities between the capture points of the two maps.
    2. With the changes to the SMG, it needs something more. If we can't think of anything, maybe we could have it slow the hale a bit. i dunno.
    3. HP regen on active would be MUCH better than whenever you get a MG. Unless you're on a roll, MGs don't happen that often.
    4. I feel like a change to the Cleaner's Carbine would be in order. I have not seen anyone use that in many weeks. I think if it got a bit more ammo and could load 2 rounds per mag, people would actually use it. This change would be especially welcome with the SMG nerf.
    5. Something we could do with the stock flamethrower or backburner is give it a Charged Airblast (#165). I don't know if the cost scales with power, but it still sounds cool. If the cost does not increase, then we could increase the cost of airblast to compensate.
    6. There is no way we are adding in the plank. This map will be a train wreck no matter what we do with it. vsh_hella_swag, while butt-ugly, actually looks to be a viable map.
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/L...tem_attributes
    2.) I will see what I can come up with.
    3.) There are other soldier secondaries that give health regen. The point of the MG change was to make it so that its not a auto-include for soliders. I am trying to expand the loadouts of Soldiers
    4.) I'd be up for giving it one more shot to see how it fairs.
    5.) Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by JimOfRicefields View Post
    Further suggestions as of 4/3/17:
    - Backburner gets 100% damage bonus, and 20% movment speed but on active.
    - Reserve Shooter, instead of being a fast-firing weapon, is like Mayhem in where it's a slow-firing, high-damaging weapon.
    - Axtinguisher needs a thing.
    - Homewrecker needs a bit more range.
    - Maybe give the Eyelander the infinite head thing from Mayhem?
    - Third Degree needs a rework.
    - Flare Gun gives extra afterburn damage to help it. Maybe tone back the fire-rate if it's too strong.
    - Brass Beast needs stuff.
    - lol fix vaccinator
    - Give Quick-Fix uber-rate. It's as slow as as the stock, which sucks.
    1.) That would make it incredibly strong in combination with its extended range and flame width.
    2.) Might change it to be a good weapon against airborne targets.
    3.) It recently got a buff and does extra damage to burning players.
    4.) I will increase it just a bit, I don't want it to be too insane.
    5.) Are you insane? This is Players VS Boss, not Boss VS Boss. This would make demoknights incredibly difficult to kill if they got enough hits in.
    6.) Whats wrong with the Third Degree?
    7.) I think the Flare Gun is fine, others want it buffed further. As long as you have good aim and can track targets then it's fine.
    8.) Will buff the Brass Beast.
    9.) Whats wrong with it?
    10.) Will see what we can do with it.

24,000+ ​Player Teleports and rising!

Brewery had a very easy exploit that allowed players to get out of the map, so I removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchView View Post
    1.) That would make it incredibly strong in combination with its extended range and flame width.
    2.) Might change it to be a good weapon against airborne targets.
    3.) It recently got a buff and does extra damage to burning players.
    4.) I will increase it just a bit, I don't want it to be too insane.
    5.) Are you insane? This is Players VS Boss, not Boss VS Boss. This would make demoknights incredibly difficult to kill if they got enough hits in.
    6.) Whats wrong with the Third Degree?
    7.) I think the Flare Gun is fine, others want it buffed further. As long as you have good aim and can track targets then it's fine.
    8.) Will buff the Brass Beast.
    9.) Whats wrong with it?
    10.) Will see what we can do with it.
    1. Phlog and Stock are easier to use and do more damage. You're right, my suggestion might be overwhelming but it needs a little more to make it a bit more powerful.
    2. Cool.
    3. Cool.
    4. Fair. After further testing, it's pretty long actually.
    5. Yeah, you're right.
    6. It does less damage in contrast to other pyro melees, and generally the resistances aren't a saving grace on it. Having it move fast and do damage isn't really distinctive compared to alternatives.
    7. Fair.
    8. Rad.
    9. Resistances do not work, they cannot be swapped st all. Not even sure if the only one it has works. It gives crits + has a shield but otherwise is a sub-par medigun since it has no special healing, useless and subpar uber most of the time, and the shield blocks allied bullets/ projectiles.
    10. Nice.

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for putting so much time into this. Keep it up, Switch.
    Last edited by JimOfRicefields; 04-04-2017 at 08:33 AM.

I'd like to give some feedback on Road to Nowhere that I saw on Freak earlier.

I don't think that this is a good map for Freak because of its cap and size. One issue that came up was that since red spawned on the point and we had less than 5 people, the point was captured before the hale could even get to it, similar to Tower of Peril but this time in Red's favor. Also, due to the extremely small map size (I think it may actually be smaller than Military Area) if we did have more than 10 or so people, it would become very crowded and/or confusing because the map has a lot of vertical space and the hale would have a tough time rooting everyone out.

Even with these issues, I'm happy that we're starting to get new maps. Thanks, Switch!

I posted two screenshots from freak today one was where it said the hale was and the other where he really was when he died. Chech out my steam profile to see them, there the two most recent ones

Might I suggest that you nerf the amount of damage that Nightmare Medic's melee deals? 'cause i personally think that 500 damage per hit is a bit too powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetails View Post
    Might I suggest that you nerf the amount of damage that Nightmare Medic's melee deals? 'cause i personally think that 500 damage per hit is a bit too powerful
    I have been told that the reason for his high damage is because his plugin is broken so that we can not increase his attack speed. The high damage makes up for his slow swing rate.

I have not personally looked at it or tried to fix it yet, but it is on my list of things to do.

24,000+ ​Player Teleports and rising!

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchView View Post
    I have been told that the reason for his high damage is because his plugin is broken so that we can not increase his attack speed. The high damage makes up for his slow swing rate.

I have not personally looked at it or tried to fix it yet, but it is on my list of things to do.

I talked with Switch about this, but it's actually zerstorer's plugin that's broken. Nightmare medic swings like normal, and as such doesn't have as much reason to do 585 on a non crit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLolleth View Post
    I talked with Switch about this, but it's actually zerstorer's plugin that's broken. Nightmare medic swings like normal, and as such doesn't have as much reason to do 585 on a non crit.
    Nightmare Medic lacks instant-crowd control, knockback resistance nor stuns. I feel that the major damage is justified. If he is changed, which is another matter in itself, I believe he would need a buff to the aspects I mentioned if we nerf his damage.

I believe that this new market gardener needs a nerf. As it stands now, it does 1400 on a non crit. Even with the slower swing speed, the high damage and refilling all of your health on a hit is causing even melee only loadouts to use the market gardener. I know that the plugin isn't working as intended, but I don't think that the damage bonus is justified. If you were using the market gardener correctly, then the damage bonus would not be needed as it would do the same damage regardless. I think that we should possibly remove the plugin and reduce the damage. If we do not remove the plugin, then I say that we should still reduce the damage because I think that the market gardener should not be used for a melee loadout that doesn't intend on rocket jumping to actually use the market gardener as intended.

I would say to reduce its damage (maybe down to +1000% or so, as I think the current is +1400%) and adding health while active or some other utility. With the plugin being as it is now, there doesn't seem to be a perfect way to balance the market gardener.
    Last edited by SirLolleth; 04-05-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast