Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Posts 561 to 570 of 611

Quote Originally Posted by Nope Le Engineer View Post
    Snip

The reason why I say this is because the charge control penalty, move speed nerf, -90% healing from healers, and now the further attack speed nerf seem a little too much. It would be much more balanced if we were to lower the damage a little bit and get rid of the charge control and lose the charge-recharge bonus. It was fine before that IMO. "Go big or go home" was it's identity.

Edit: Scratch the -90% healer penalty. That was removed I guess. I'd still exchange the charge recharge bonus for the old turning control it had.
    I dunno, I'm out of practice with it, so we'll see. Gotta get used to it again.

Edit #2: Never mind, its alright. The new swing speed and reduced charge control still bites though.

I like your idea for the Eyelander. Setting the stats so it's On Active might be wroth looking into.
    As for the Frontier Justice, I recall we were leery of having a battle engie loadout, since the engineer slot are very valuable with our limit of 4. (Wait, we still have the limit, right?) A cool idea I had for this was raising the sentry damage so it fired one high damage bullet, like a short range sniper sentry. Just an idea.
    Last edited by Dragonfist; 09-02-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfist View Post

The reason why I say this is because the charge control penalty, move speed nerf, -90% healing from healers, and now the further attack speed nerf seem a little too much. It would be much more balanced if we were to lower the damage a little bit and get rid of the charge control and lose the charge-recharge bonus. It was fine before that IMO. "Go big or go home" was it's identity.

Edit: Scratch the -90% healer penalty. That was removed I guess. I'd still exchange the charge recharge bonus for the old turning control it had.
    I dunno, I'm out of practice with it, so we'll see. Gotta get used to it again.
    Correct, the healer penalty just won't work on it for some reason like it would on other weapons. if "Go big or go home" is it's identity, then lowering the damage would go against that, and as it is, is still one of the highest damage outputs on the server. After doing some more testing, it is still extremely capable of doing a ton of damage, even without a medic.
    Last edited by SirLolleth; 09-02-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Biden View Post
    If the weapons seem too weak/too strong please let me know so I can adjust it. I don't want something insane or useless in my suggestions box, lol.

You can swing approximately 93.75% faster with non-scout classes, and 56.25% with scout, before the weapon is swinging in the ~0 second intervals. Numbers are courtesy of the TF2 Wiki. 187.5% swing penalty for a full second of swing penalty.

The Boston Basher
    300% damage bonus
    On hit: ignite target
    On hit: target bleeds for 25 seconds
    400% afterburn damage bonus

-40% slower firing speed
    Why: This weapon is not very good for DPS or survivability currently, so I figured maybe giving it a burn would do it some favors. Same as Shiv for sniper except it swings 2% slower. Scout does not get as many health kits but has a mobility factor, so that 2% slower swing speed is nothing in practice.
    ALT:
    Criticals on burning targets
    210% damage bonus
    890% afterburn damage bonus
    -550% slower firing speed
    Why: Serves as a one stop shop where the scout has to hit the hale and get out, or he dies. Unique to the scout. If my math is right, this does 410 damage on initial swing, then 100 damage on afterburn. Afterburn with no bonus time lasts 10 seconds, so a full hit including the wait-out period would do 1410 damage.

The Huntsman/Fortified Compound
    200% increased primary ammo
    20% faster reload speed
    +50 health on wearer
    710% damage bonus
    -50% taunt speed on wearer
    Why: Would do a nice 2002 an arrow in exchange for being slightly less spammy. Not to mention the Machina is hitscan and does 8 damage more than it does now. On bodyshot.

The Cow Mangler
    150% projectile speed bonus
    95% faster reload speed
    Moves at normal speed when charging
    100% critical hits vs burning players
    -30% damage from rocket jumps
    Why: Only good for rocket jumping anyways, really only seen it used for that purpose so this would probably benefit it greatly for that purpose. Many soldiers would agree on this, especially soldier MG mains.

The Neon Annihilator
    +800% melee range
    On hit: give player speed bonus

On hit: drop a health pack
    -45% slower firing speed
    -15% movement speed while active
    Why: Another method for pyros to help out the team.

Sharpened Volcano Fragment
    On hit: gain a speed boost
    70% faster firing speed
    150% damage bonus vs. burning players

-100% afterburn damage
    -90% afterburn duration
    Why: Would give it a spammy axtinguisher feel. Does not do a ton of DPS currently and this change requires constant attack to maintain DPS. Would do 293 a swing while target is on fire and 195 otherwise.

Fan of War
    When weapon is active:
    Removes 5% rage on hit
    -50% slower firing speed

Why: Unused and very penalizing for such a small amount of rage removal. Perhaps this would make it used more?

Winger
    50% max primary ammo bonus
    50% greater jump height when active
    Wearer never takes falling damage

Why: Exchanged weapon buffs for something to make the weapon more overall useful, especially compared to the Pretty Boy's, an already offered supplement.

Spy-Cicle
    30% fire damage resistance
    30% explosive damage resistance
    Why: Passive effects may make the weapon worth while. Removed fireproofing in hopes of stopping abuse.

The Pain Train
    20% faster movement speed on wearer
    75% increased secondary ammo
    30% damage reduction from blast jumps
    20% faster switch speed

100% primary ammo penalty
    Why: Was originally attempted to be buffed for damage use. Was eventually repurposed as a supplement- this is just accepting that fact and removing the other bonuses in exchange for slight supplementary bonuses

Baby Face's Blaster
    On hit: gain boost
    Movement speed increases with boost
    +30 health per hit
    +20 max health on wearer
    175% damage bonus
    125% bonus pellets per shot
    100% critical hit resistance on wearer

50% damage vulnerability on wearer
    70% less accurate
    15 health drained per second on wearer
    Why: Compensation for now being instant kill. Will increase damage from afar and medium range.

The Gunslinger
    +150 health on wearer
    55% faster sentry firing speed
    90% building health penalty
    +40% sentry damage bonus

+100% damage to self
    Why: Sentry does 9 damage without minicrits and does 18 with minicrits. Not very useable compared to other sentries that have 5x the damage and much more significant knockback. Health is not very useful if the player cannot deal decent damage or escape quickly (100% damage to self.) With this increase it will do 13 without minicrits and 26 with minicrits, making it much more usable since alternatives will have comparable damage at that point.

The Razorback
    30% fire damage resistance
    30% explosive damage resistance
    30% bullet damage resistance
    30% critical damage resistance
    15 health regenerated per second on wearer
    +100 health on wearer
    -95% primary ammo
    Why: Endorse as a melee supplement over use with primary weapons. That is the purpose and difference between this and the Cozy Camper.

The Ambassador
    1200% damage bonus
    150% increased secondary ammo

100% damage penalty on bodyshots
    90% clip size penalty

Why: Sapper is the standard ammo size and having 7 bullets total with the ambassador makes it a no-go especially since only 50% of the hales have heads anyways. Also to not have 7 bullets you sacrifice 15% movement speed with the Red Tape Recorder, which makes it even more of a no-go. It sucks when you're a spy and trying to use ambassador with red tape and then hale ends up not having a headshot hitbox.

The Frontier Justice

40% faster firing speed
    50% more accurate
    100% crits while sentry is targetting the boss
    +350% damage to sentry target

-100% sentry damage bonus
    -90% build health penalty
    -25% sentry range
    Why: Widowmaker offers so much in terms of supplements, and now includes the damage bonus to sentry target. With this suggestion, the Frontier Justice wil serve as a effort => reward weapon even more so than it does now in order to really highlight the difference between this weapon and the widowmaker, and to make it overall more useful vs. other provided primaries for engineer, such as the Pomson and the Widowmaker. I spoke with multiple players on the server and outside the server and they all seemed to like the idea, so it might be worth a test.

1) Boston Basher already has a 300% damage bonus, and the more fire effects that exist, the worse they are as a whole.

2) The huntsman doesn't need to take the time to charge for a full shot

3) The cow mangler is perfectly fine if you use it with the mantreads, this would just cause even more being able to rocket jump for far too long

4) I don't see that being a good change for the neon or pyro as a whole, especially since that would still be doing 195 per swing so it would

5) With those stats, it would do ~500 damage per hit, not 293. a 150% damage bonus is 250% total damage, which is 195 * 2.5 = 487.5, so no.

6) I don't really like rage-removal weapons, so I don't see this being a good change either.

7) Maybe.

8) I don't think spies should be able to have tanky loadouts that much, the exception I have is the kunai.

9) Maybe

10) You're using the BFB, you deserve to be one shot if you do get caught.

11) Being able to set up a sentry pretty much anywhere is really good, especially with weapons that work with that like the widowmaker or frontier justice.

12) Maybe

13) You're not supposed to be close to the hale, so the less movement speed shouldn't matter. A hale not having a head hitbox is something that, while regrettable, is not something that I will balance it for. It would just turn into "OP for headshottable hales, unusable for others"

14) The frontier justice still puts out a lot more damage than the widowmaker, the crits are much more than the 50% damage bonus, but maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Biden View Post
    Nightmare Medic
    Change/Add https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShknpNpHbY as a theme. Would give Nightmare Medic less of a mega-aggressive feel and more of a psychological feel. Was playing Silent Hill 2 and as SOON as I heard this, I thought Nightmare Medic.
    I'd rather the theme NOT be nightmare inducing (as ironic as that sounds)

You have to admit though, it really does go with Nightmare Medic.

Not only that, but Nightmare's current theme comes from Silent Hill 3 anyways.

Edit: Just putting this on here so I can rid it from the other post.

You can swing approximately 93.75% faster with non-scout classes, and 56.25% with scout, before the weapon is swinging in the ~0 second intervals. Numbers are courtesy of the TF2 Wiki. 187.5% swing penalty for a full second of swing penalty.
    Last edited by Joe Biden; 09-15-2017 at 10:40 PM.

lolleth, the iron bomber should be nerfed a little, cause im doing a minimum of 10k damage on average per round

FREAK FORTRESS PYRO UPDATE! (suggestions)

After playing several games with the Manmelter and witnessing other players using it, I think it could use some changes. It currently has incredible damage potential with very little effort.

Manmelter:
    +90% increased projectile speed
    +25% Firing speed
    +25% Reload Speed
    +200% damage bonus
    +100% critical hits vs burning players
    +275% afterburn damage bonus

-15% Movement speed on wearer

It currently has a 400% atfterburn damage bonus, as well as some firing and reload speed bonuses that seem a bit generous to me. A player got 23k damage the other day in a game with about 20 players on. Just by spamming the weapon at the hale and hitting about every third shot did this. Now, granted, there were no other players using weapons that set the Hale on fire, from what I could tell, and I know that only one player gets burn damage on the Hale at a time, so this weapon is less powerful with several pyros. Regardless of that, the ability to do so much damage with little effort and little risk is very strong. The Pyro doesn't have to go anywhere near the Hale ever, and has no need to get ammo or stand by a dispenser. I think these changes will reduce its damage potential by a fair margin, and also reduce the Pyro's mobility (the suggested penalty will effectively nullify any noticeable bonus from the Degreaser, and require the user to equip the Powerjack to have any real mobility bonus). It will still do pretty decent damage, however, so it shouldn't become totally useless if these changes are implemented.

Neon Annihilator
    When Active:
    +40% Movement Speed
    +75% Damage Vulnerability
    -50% Damage Penalty
    -150% Slower Holster Speed

Intended to be a getaway weapon for pyro. I think that it's very weak right now (almost never gets used) and the Backscratcher, Fire Axe and Powerjack are much stronger alternatives.

Panic Attack (Pyro):
    +
    80% Reload Speed
    +80% Damage Bonus
    +10% Ammo regenerated every 5 seconds
    +40% Accuracy

-100% Health from Healers
    -50% Health from health kits
    Honorbound
    60% Ammo Penalty
    Firing speed increases as the user takes damage

The Panic Attack is mostly inferior to the Flare Gun and Manmelter currently. Although it has good damage output, you have to get fairly close to the Hale to do decent damage, because of the spread. The suggested changes will give it an increase in effective range, and also increase your ammo cap while reducing the region rate of that ammo. It also reduces the health gained from health kits, since most pyros use the Degreaser with this weapon (passive healing) and it may encourage the use of the Backscratcher, for extra healing, instead of speed with the Powerjack or ammo with the Fire Axe.

Stock Flamethrower:
    +200% Primary Ammo
    +100% Damage Bonus
    +100% Afterburn duration
    -50% Airblast cost
    +10% Movement speed

Airblast does not knock back enemies

Stock doesn't get used very much, except against the Easter Bunny and maybe Radigan Conagher. It has pitifully low damage and no extra mobility. The damage bonus will probably help a bit, since it's not hitscan and flamethrower hitboxes are weird. The movement speed bonus should help this weapon gain popularity since without a primary for speed bonus, the only other option right now is the Powerjack.

Low-budget pyro update for freak fortress.

I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

it's not working

hey the backburner doesn't have the speed boost on hit anymore

pls fix

Quote Originally Posted by JimOfRicefields View Post
    hey the backburner doesn't have the speed boost on hit anymore

pls fix
    it was dum

Why did you change the Enforcer? The damage is literally the same... Did you want more consistent damage or something?
    More knockback maybe??

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast