Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Posts 571 to 580 of 596
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfist View Post
    Why did you change the Enforcer? The damage is literally the same... Did you want more consistent damage or something?
    More knockback maybe??
    more bullets = harder to hit them all i.e. you have to be a bit closer to actually deal full damage

make liberty launcher shoot faster.

it slow

So what's going to happen to this server post update? Is it going to be rebuilt or is it just going to be left dead?
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

Why would it be left dead after an update to the game???

Aside from this being a valve game, where either people go crazy or they stop caring completely when an update drops, I don't know.
    It should be business as usual in Freak, though Lolleth might have to disable the new weapons until we can balance them.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

The update is going to break the plugin. That's basically a given. Hence why I'm asking. It's not a random question or a jab.
    In the end, the Duck Hunt Dog always gets the last laugh... whether or not you shot the damn duck.

Yeah, we will just have to wait and see. With luck, Mayhem & Freak wont be down for long.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

The Hot Hand:
    +50% Draw speed
    On hit: User gains a speed boost
    +20% Melee range

The purpose of this is to be an escape weapon for pyro. The draw speed is so you can smack the Hale for a quick getaway. There really isn't much else to say I think, since all the stats are pretty self-explanatory.

Another potential set of stats:

The Hot Hand:
    +75% Attack Speed
    +10% Move speed when active

-25% Damage penalty
    -75% Primary ammo
    -75% Secondary ammo

Pretty much an eviction notice for pyro. Plus it'd be funny to see all the slaps show up in the kill feed. Until the Pyro gets killed by a random crit, that is.

Last idea:

The Hot Hand:
    +85% Attack speed
    +900% Melee range
    On hit ally: boosts both players' speed

-99% Damage penalty

Okay maybe I just really want to see the kill feed full of slaps. Who doesn't? (Don't answer that)
    Last edited by Nope Le Engineer; 10-22-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

it's not working

I say we shouldn't make the Hot Hand anything other than an already available pyro melee, along with the dragon fury, gas passer, and the thermal thruster, unless the items become a common find. It's not a very good idea to force users out of the server just to get an item that is more useful than any other items in the already available set. This includes the banana peel for heavy.

That's why I say we should a. fix them to where they have nothing abusable (gas passer afterburn effects, dragon fury constant airblast) b. give them the stats of another weapon in slot for pyro (or heavy), c. memeify or guarantee they are not better alternatives to anything in slot.

Another arguing point is that a small percentage of players cannot play casual for a number of reasons (unexplainable lag, cannot outperform other players, etc) and it's very hard to justify that some set of players can't have a weapon because they are not skilled enough or have performance issues on casual that occur nowhere else.
    Last edited by Joe Biden; 10-28-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Biden View Post
    I say we shouldn't make the Hot Hand anything other than an already available pyro melee, along with the dragon fury, gas passer, and the thermal thruster, unless the items become a common find. It's not a very good idea to force users out of the server just to get an item that is more useful than any other items in the already available set. This includes the banana peel for heavy.

That's why I say we should a. leave them all like they are (albeit the thermal thruster, dragon fury(for airblast), and if the gas passer has effect on hales, it aswell), b. give them the stats of another weapon in slot for pyro (or heavy), c. memeify or guarantee they are not better alternatives to anything in slot.

Another arguing point is that a small percentage of players cannot play casual for a number of reasons (unexplainable lag, cannot outperform other players, etc) and it's very hard to justify that some set of players can't have a weapon because they are not skilled enough or have performance issues on casual that occur nowhere else.
    You're looking into it too much. The contracts are fairly simple for the most part, and queuing up with a few friends makes them go even quicker. Besides, none of these stats are "superior" to other unlock able weapons. The Powerjack gives the pyro +100 hp, hp on hit, and a passive 17% move speed bonus. It has no downsides as a passive utility weapon, and pyro still has a decent selection of damage-dealing weapons for his primary and secondary slots that are complimented nicely by the Powerjack. The stock fire axe gives pyro a nice ammo boost for primaries and secondaries, making it useful for shotgun and flare pyros, and air blasting with the Degreaser is no longer as impactful on Pyro's ammo. The Backscratcher gives good damage and a lot of bonus health from health kits.

If we made this weapon stronger than other unlockables, without nerfing said unlockables, it wouldn't be a bad thing necessarily. The others would be just as effective as they currently are, and there'd be less people than usual equipping the "strongest pyro melee in the server", which quite frankly doesn't seem detrimental to me at all. You don't even need to complete the Hot Hand contract to get it, since when you activate the contract you get a trial Hot Hand to use. As long as you don't deactivate the contract, it stays with you. I used the Dragon's Fury this way in a community mvm server for an hour the other day, without having any points for the contract. So players who've done the first 3 contracts and gotten the stars can probably use the Hot Hand (those first 3 frankly aren't much of a challenge if you queue up with 2 or more buddies).

The 1st Hot Hand stats I suggested are intended to be used as a quick getaway weapon, you can draw it quickly and hit the hale for a speed boost to get away. It has low damage compared to other weapons, it has no health boost or health on hit, but it'll get you away quicker than backpedaling than the Powerjack.

The 2nd Hot Hand idea turns it into pyro's eviction notice. It's just a fun weapon that does adequate damage with the risk of getting close to the Hale. If players really wanted to use it, but don't have it, they could play heavy w/ the Huo-Long, Buffalo steak, and Eviction notice. If the mobility is too good (Degreaser 20% + Hot Hand 10% + Hot Hand speed boost = 65% Move speed bonus) Then we can remove the speed boost on hit and just give it a slightly higher active speed boost, like 15%. The Ammo penalties are in place to encourage pyros using it to go all-out as a melee class, with the Degreaser & Scorch shot.

The last idea for The Hot Hand's stats on Freak is supposed to be a disciplinary action for pyro. Of course, it's not terribly unique, but maybe some people want to have the disciplinary action and not be restricted to rockets and bullets? Anyways, it's a much better "team-player" weapon for the pyro. It's not terribly strong and we could consider adding some kind of damage vulnerability while active if the pyro is too mobile with it. Same goes for the other two ideas as well.

The only problem I can see is that the ideas I suggested aren't terribly creative or new, which is okay. I'm still thinking of one or two more that aren't seen in any other weapon on the server currently.
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

it's not working

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast