Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Posts 581 to 590 of 596
    issues that several people have found:
    - Sandman sucks due to getting its stun removed. Bonk Boy and Fem Scout are kinda crippled.
    - Ambassador headshots are worse due to damage falloff.
    - Stock Cleaver is apparently pretty bad due to changes.

Forum Babus __________/Scrap.tf's Avatar

Wow I remember Factoryhell being my first saxton hale map!

So you know how !ff2boss (Choose your boss or hale command) is removed right? Due to the fact people would play the same hales over and over (Gabe, Bill, F2P Soldier, and F2P Demoman,)

I think you should bring back the command, (but if guys can make it so that you can only choose that hale once per map) (So your forced to play that other hales than just one)
    Last edited by __________/Scrap.tf; 11-05-2017 at 10:14 AM.

I just wanted to point out that snake's melee does only 180 now, instead of 210. Unless of course that's intended, in which case makes him at a huge disadvantage.

Edit:. I apologize for the previous version of this post, it was inaccurate and rash. Hopped on via mobile to edit, so I'll clarify at a later date.
    Last edited by Joe Biden; 11-13-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Snake one-shots about 1/3 the classes (considering every class has a weapon that increases health, many will have 200 or more), so that's not bad.
    his rage is still fairly good. the grenade launcher is good for crowds at the beginning of the round when players clump together, and the gun is good for getting away from a ushered heavy, or for picking off scouts.

on top of that, snake is meant to be played stealthily. he has the YER for a reason. Any adequate player can pick off up to 1/3 or 1/4 of the players before he/she's forced to fight them head on, and even then, there's always going to be that one scout or engine who's alone on the opposite side of the map. In a head-on fight vs a large crowd of enemies, snake's melee isn't ideal. but that's fine since it isn't necessarily the ideal play-style for snake. He's supposed to be sneaky and pick off a good portion of the players first, then use his grenade launcher to clear out the crowds, then finish up with his revolver. the knife should still do fairly well with only 180 damage, if you're not running blindly through a crowd; instead fighting a few players on the cap point, for example.

my point is, snake is not awful with 180 melee damage, he just requires a bit more thinking and smart positioning when playing, instead of w+m1-style fighting like some other hales.
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

it's not working

When the rest of the bosses require less skill and can rush players compared to Snake, it seems unfair. I just ask he either gets greatly increased knockback resistance or his knife damage is restored. Not all teams give the opportunity to pick off players, leaving Snake at a huge disadvantage when he has to tank the whole team gathered in a general proximity. Sure, he can blind or get a grenade launcher, but that only does so much when you have intense knockback outside of Uber and disguise, making it near impossible to score out. I'm replying from mobile so I'll tighten this point when I'm able to. Also, again I apologize for that last post, it was heat of the moment and I never fixed what was wrong of me to say.

I agree with you that Snake needs increased knock back resistance. I think that all Hales should get at least 60-75%, since it can be ridiculous trying to kill someone when you're in a crowd of 10-15 players and everyone is shooting you. 30% feels like nothing. The knife damage won't help a whole lot, since the only class it'll start killing more is soldiers (Soldiers typically have their base 200 health, unless using stock rock, bison, or black box). Everything else generally has either much more than 200, or less than 180 anyways. I'm just saying that restoring the knife damage would not amount to a whole lot of change. Knockback resist (which we can change) and smarter playing (which we cannot change, sadly) are what will make the real difference.

I appreciate you bringing up the topic anyways, since I did not notice Snake's damage change (haven't played him in weeks).
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

it's not working

Just a bug: The new Flamethrower and Degreaser skins allow for airblasting the Hale at a heavily reduced cost, especially the Flamethrower. At 800 Ammo with Scorch Shot and Third Degree and 10 Ammo per Airblast, it's literally airblast Heaven at 80 Airblasts. And that's without the Stock Fireaxe or Detonator. With those it's 1200 Ammo at 10 per Airblast plus Ammo Regen for infinite airblasts. It's ludricous. The quick fix for now would be to set all Flamethrower and Degreaser skins to their base counterparts. Thanks for reading, have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastStrikerZ View Post
    Just a bug: The new Flamethrower and Degreaser skins allow for airblasting the Hale at a heavily reduced cost, especially the Flamethrower. At 800 Ammo with Scorch Shot and Third Degree and 10 Ammo per Airblast, it's literally airblast Heaven at 80 Airblasts. And that's without the Stock Fireaxe or Detonator. With those it's 1200 Ammo at 10 per Airblast plus Ammo Regen for infinite airblasts. It's ludricous. The quick fix for now would be to set all Flamethrower and Degreaser skins to their base counterparts. Thanks for reading, have a good day.
    Normal flamethrowers have had their ammo bonus removed, and I will begin giving airblast resistance to hales that need it (like soldine). thanks for reporting this to me.

Could we give these an airblast refire time nerf instead of an ammo nerf if it becomes noticeable damagewise (if they're repurposed to do damage, since their original purpose is currently invalidated)
    Last edited by Joe Biden; 12-03-2017 at 04:42 PM.

The nerf to the YER has probably indirectly nerfed the ambassador/big kill even more all things considered, the need to stick to a mid range to compensate for the damage falloff is pretty difficult without the use of the stock sapper now, which in turn only leaves 7 shots. Would it possible to boost one of these three stats speed, ammo, falloff damage? Or maybe at least boost the amount of recovered ammo from ammo packs?

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast