Posts 1 to 10 of 10
    Title is pretty self-explanatory. As a regular on the Randomizer server, I keep encountering times where in the middle of the round for no reason whatsoever, all hitscan related weapons stop doing damage. (Mostly melee & bullets), leaving only explosive based weapons and flamethrowers able to do anything. Is there anyone available who can look into it? Not only is it very annoying, but it will probably draw away newcomers who have no idea why their weapons are ineffective.

I dont suppose you could record it? I've never experienced that problem and have been playing on these servers for like 3 years. Are you using weapons like the natasha? Because that has a huuuge fire cone.

As a matter of fact, the server is just now having this problem again. I was quickly able to record some of it and I'll post the collection here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...FE?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMat View Post
    Title is pretty self-explanatory. As a regular on the Randomizer server, I keep encountering times where in the middle of the round for no reason whatsoever, all hitscan related weapons stop doing damage. (Mostly melee & bullets), leaving only explosive based weapons and flamethrowers able to do anything. Is there anyone available who can look into it? Not only is it very annoying, but it will probably draw away newcomers who have no idea why their weapons are ineffective.
    We are aware of this issue, but are currently unable to correct it. As far as we've been able to tell so far, this is a issue stemming from the TF2 Randomizer plugin, and short of modifying the plugin we are unable to correct it at this time.

I played for a solid 20 minutes and didn't have this issue. Can you give us anymore details on how and when this happens?

I'll try to. But so far for me I don't see the cause.

I stopped playing randomizer entirely because this happened several times a day over many days, affecting everyone at once (or at least those unlucky enough to have hitscan weapons) and confusing everyone in the server not already accustomed to it.

Heads up, I think the issue might be related to the medigun, specifically the fact that you can create a shield with it sometimes in randomiser 10x. I was using a phlog with the medigun, and when I switched to the medigun with the phlog charge at 100%, I suddenly had a shield around me without even needing to activate it through a button press. Once that started, then there were hitscan issues, even when we changed the map. Not only that, but when I got another medigun afterwards, I wasn't able to heal anyone or build my uber.

Happened to me as well. Fire and explosive based weapons still work fine.

"May Your Choices Reflect Your Hopes, Not Your Fears." - Nelson Mandela
    "The Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself" - FDR

As a guy who spends way too much time on x10 randomizer I've noticed that this can happen pretty regularly. Some days it won't happen, other times it happens a couple times a map. Round endings and map switches usually seem to fix this issue.
    You people made a terrible mistake allowing me to customize my profile.