Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 59
    Hey guys, please post any feedback or suggestions you have for Mayhem in this thread if you feel they do not need their own separate topic.

Any kind of feedback on weapons, maps, plugins, or anything else is welcome! I will do my best to read and response to as much of them as I can.

Current list of weapons and there stats can be found here:
    http://weaponlist.reflex-gamers.com/weaponlist/

Changelog for weapons can be found here:
    http://weaponlist.reflex-gamers.com/...ages/changelog

Changelog for anything not weapon related can be found here:
    https://reflex-gamers.com/showthread.php?t=10697

The thread relating to map discussions can be found here:
    https://reflex-gamers.com/showthread.php?t=9120

The thread for event ideas can be found here:
    https://reflex-gamers.com/showthread.php?t=4075

The old stats/feedback thread can be found here:
    https://reflex-gamers.com/showthread.php?t=7532

24,000+ ​Player Teleports and rising!

ctf_vikings is currently broken.

https://i.imgur.com/1WDfIPx.jpg This is me in enemy spawn.

Whenever this map is on and there are people in the server it is likely someone on the enemy team will be opening your spawn door and have a sentry waiting for you, or worse, have the enemy team in your spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooby Skoo View Post

https://i.imgur.com/1WDfIPx.jpg This is me in enemy

Whenever this map is on and there are people in the server it is likely someone on the enemy team will be opening your spawn door and have a sentry waiting for you, or worse, have the enemy team in your spawn.
    It may come as a surprise to some but, that isnt a bug. It was the actual intent of the map designer. However, you shouldn't be able to enter the enemy spawn. You should only be able to open the door before an invisible wall stops you.
    Last edited by Google327; 09-14-2017 at 05:33 AM.

The Mini-Sentry sucks with only one HP. It doesn't delete people, so cut it some slack. An "Anti-sentry" weapon on Solider is redundant and kinda useless because you can't kill people and destroy sentry's with it at the same time... Like pretty much every other primary he has.

The Candy Cane was already good, pls no. Everything else was cool though, especially the medic buffs. A very nice update overall. Would waste another hundred hours of my life playing on this server/10.

I agree the mini sentry could probably use a buff to fire rate, and maybe a respective nerf to it's viable range. As a landmine weapon it's not bursty enough.

Maybe try experimenting with super high fire rate but a sentry damage nerf? That way it would retain the same DPS but ultimately fill the role of landmine more accurately.

I think that the new Cow Mangler might need to deal a bit more damage to non-buildings. I can definitely see it bursting down squishy classes, but beyond that it might have trouble.

On a bit on an unrelated note, would it be possible to prevent the Crit-A-Cola and Back Scatter from being equipped together? You get free crits for 10(?) seconds with almost no drawbacks. I was testing this out on Nucleus a few days ago. I am not good at scout, and I was doing far too well with this loadout.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfist View Post
    On a bit on an unrelated note, would it be possible to prevent the Crit-A-Cola and Back Scatter from being equipped together? You get free crits for 10(?) seconds with almost no drawbacks. I was testing this out on Nucleus a few days ago. I am not good at scout, and I was doing far too well with this loadout.
    I am not the one to know whether this loadout is overpowered or not, seeing as I don't play scout. However, I don't think it would be a good idea to limit loadout options. If it really is overpowered, maybe there is some way to apply a negative stat to the weapon only while under the effects of crit a cola.

I mean, I would say dealing 18 damage per pellet at long range is a bit OP. I dunno. It's not too big of a problem really.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Dooby Skoo View Post

https://i.imgur.com/1WDfIPx.jpg This is me in enemy spawn.

ctf_vikings will be getting removed in the map rotation update.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    The Mini-Sentry sucks with only one HP. It doesn't delete people, so cut it some slack. An "Anti-sentry" weapon on Solider is redundant and kinda useless because you can't kill people and destroy sentry's with it at the same time... Like pretty much every other primary he has.

The Candy Cane was already good, pls no. Everything else was cool though, especially the medic buffs. A very nice update overall. Would waste another hundred hours of my life playing on this server/10.
    During testing I gave it a damage bonus as I too felt it didn't kill fast enough but it turned out to be really strong. I'll see how it plays out over the next few days and can add in a damage bonus for it in next weeks update.

As for the candy cane, we wanted to give other options to give scouts more health. I'm currently debating toning down the pretty boys pocket pistol to help compensate a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Carrot View Post
    I agree the mini sentry could probably use a buff to fire rate, and maybe a respective nerf to it's viable range. As a landmine weapon it's not bursty enough.

Maybe try experimenting with super high fire rate but a sentry damage nerf? That way it would retain the same DPS but ultimately fill the role of landmine more accurately.
    Unfortunately it is already maxed out on how fast it can fire. The way Valve coded sentries they can only fire so fast, and I have it set to do that. I might add a damage bonus to it to help compensate.

Is it's range still to large? I don't see it as being to big of a problem as we still want it to cover about the width of a doorway.

I think that the new Cow Mangler might need to deal a bit more damage to non-buildings. I can definitely see it bursting down squishy classes, but beyond that it might have trouble.

For some reason during testing I thought it was doing more damage to sentries than it actually was. I plan to drastically increase the amount of damage it does to buildings in next weeks update.

I mean, I would say dealing 18 damage per pellet at long range is a bit OP. I dunno. It's not too big of a problem really.
    I'm not too sure how powerful it is as I haven't played with it to much. I'll give it a spin soon and see how powerful it is. I know we nerfed the crit-a-cola awhile back to help keep them in check.

24,000+ ​Player Teleports and rising!

Many thanks for the improvements on various weapons such as the Amputator, Kritzkrieg, and Boston Basher. However, I think the Homewrecker's melee damage vulnerability should be toned down a bit (1 hit kill from melee when you're already getting shot by a sentry is overkill) to about 2x instead of 3x, and the fact that spies with the spycicle would be able to walk up and ether trickstab or unload into a pyro using a flamethrower with almost complete impunity is legitimately insane as the pyro has no way of knowing what knife the spy is using while disguised until its too late. The Cow Mangler needs some real work though.

While the Cow Mangler is naturally a good candidate for having anti-sentry stats (due to it's secondary fire disabling buildings for a brief four seconds), I think the current penalties too severe to make people chose it over other launchers when against buildings as its practically impossible to kill someone else with it and you're almost certainly going to come across one or more enemies on your way to a sentry. I'm suggesting the following stats as guideline to allow the Mangler to be a fairly easy choice for building destruction while only being moderately less effective vs players.

Does not use ammo
    No penalty to movement while charging a secondary shot (the increase to move speed while deployed)
    No projectile deflection
    No random critical hits
    +25% faster reload
    +25% faster firing speed
    +50% explosion radius
    +50% push force
    +50% damage bonus vs buildings
    -25% damage penalty vs players

These stats would result in approximately 65-70 damage per rocket to players and 135 to buildings, allowing solders to take out buildings more easily (especially via corner fire), and prevent engis from wrenching buildings by pushing them back at the same time. Could also have the increases to blast size and push force replaced by an extra 25% damage to buildings for a total of +75% (about 150-160 per rocket against buildings).
    Last edited by -W3E- Pokeking; 09-15-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast