Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12
    Forum Babus Mechapyro 71 (Codex)'s Avatar

With 2017 coming and going, and 2018 ringing in soon, I figured I'd tell what I hope to see this year on the server!

Updated bosses and/or new bosses

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to play against Saxton, Beep Man, and other bosses, but maybe this year we can get some new, fresh ones added to the rotation. Plus I would like to see some of the bosses fixed and or re-tweaked!

(I don't wanna get rid of Gaben and his pink hair, it'd be a shame too.)

New Maps

It's simple, sometimes you have to have new maps added to the rotation to spice things up. Variety is the spice of life after all!

(Although I would like to see some old ones return, but fixed)

Updated weapon stats

This one is maybe a dead giveaway, but I hope that some weapons would get a good rework or updated stats to shake up things!

I'm not one for making weapon stat suggestions, so this one is not up to me.

What're your hopes for RXG x10 | Freak Fortress? Discuss below!

Hey there, Mechapyro!

Thank you for your suggestions! I'd like to take a minute to respond in turn, so you know that we see them! I'm always open to suggestions, but here are a few reasons why things might not go as fast as I would like them to.

Updated bosses and/or new bosses

We love new bosses! However, there are two main criteria for a boss on the server:

1. It is unique
    2. It works well with other bosses (doesn't break them, for example)

Also, unless we are able to get a plugin that changes this, everyone needs to download all of the bosses at once when they first join. As of right now, we have approximately 30 bosses in the rotation, and that already makes for a lengthy download time. I have occasionally switched bosses around, changing it up for the older players while at the same time keeping it at a somewhat manageable time for new players.

As for the unique part, we do not want to have bosses that are essentially the same. There is only so much one can do to make a boss different without making their own code, but I'd say that people have done a good job. That being said, I won't include bosses that are, for all intents and purposes, reskins of another boss. This just increases the download problem, and as such, I will keep the boss list to about 30 - 40 at max. I would much rather have 30 unique and different bosses than 400 reskins (and just imagine the download time!)

New maps

While VSH is based on Arena, VSH maps are much different balance wise, and especially so with our ruleset. It is difficult to find new maps to use for a few reasons:

1) Some maps take too long / too short to cap
    2) Some maps have too many / too few health and ammo packs
    3) Some maps are too large / too small
    4) Some maps have horrible camping spots
    5) Some maps have environmental hazards which either heavily skews towards reds winning or blu winning
    6) Some maps are too large, download wise (our absolute maximum for a map size is 60 mb)

With all of this, combined with the relative small amount of VSH maps available (I usually go on GameBanana), makes it very hard to find a map and have it pass. Luckily, some maps can be changed to fit our server, and I am grateful for anyone to do that, but it takes the mindset of someone balancing specifically for our server, as we are vastly different from even other FF2 servers.

Updated weapon stats

I love changing weapon stats! Its my favorite thing about the server! The only thing I'm short of is ideas and code. If the stat exists, and you have an idea, please suggest it! I would absolutely love to rework weapons that are either polarizing and too powerful, or too weak and never used. However, just as a general note, anything that increases movespeed or mobility in general needs to be looked at closely, as there is a very fine line between moving fast and straight out-running the hale. I've attempted to cut back on it, but there are still many cases of the hale being frustrated due to not being able to catch someone by running at them.

Thank you for your hopes, and know they will be worked on!

Just out of curiosity, why is our max map size 60 mb? Does the game not like that or is it simply too big for some people to download?

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfist View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why is our max map size 60 mb? Does the game not like that or is it simply too big for some people to download?
    The latter, we don't want it to take forever for people to download the needed files to play on the server.

What you really need to do is have the brass beast to shoot rockets instead of bullets, I think we need rocket jumping heavies
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Santa View Post
    What you really need to do is have the brass beast to shoot rockets instead of bullets, I think we need rocket jumping heavies
    Would be much more usable as Rocket Jumping Heavies if it was the Family Business or Tomislav so that you can actually rev up in time before they get to you.

...Or just make the Brass Beast rev instantly. But I would still prefer the Family Business to be a Rocket Jumping Shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastStrikerZ View Post
    Would be much more usable as Rocket Jumping Heavies if it was the Family Business or Tomislav so that you can actually rev up in time before they get to you.

...Or just make the Brass Beast rev instantly. But I would still prefer the Family Business to be a Rocket Jumping Shotgun.
    When it comes to mobility, the last thing this server needs is ROCKET JUMPING HEAVIES. I.. I mean why? We already have spy w/ the Diamondback and scout w/ the Back Scatter rocket jumping, do you really want Heavy to be part of that club as well? I heavily disagree.

We don't need another rocket jumping class, Soldier, Spy, and Scout is plenty.
    Last edited by Mechapyro 71 (Codex); 01-03-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechapyro 71 (Codex) View Post
    When it comes to mobility, the last thing this server needs is ROCKET JUMPING HEAVIES. I.. I mean why? We already have spy w/ the Diamondback and scout w/ the Back Scatter rocket jumping, do you really want Heavy to be part of that club as well? I heavily disagree.

We don't need another rocket jumping class, Soldier, Spy, and Scout is plenty.
    Hey, wasn't my idea at first. I just wanted to either make the idea usable or not so broken. I mean, imagine a Brass Beast that shot hundreds of rockets per second. That's terrifying and also impossible to reach with all of the knockback.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastStrikerZ View Post
    Hey, wasn't my idea at first. I just wanted to either make the idea usable or not so broken. I mean, imagine a Brass Beast that shot hundreds of rockets per second. That's terrifying and also impossible to reach with all of the knockback.
    Idea or not, the concept of a rocket jumping heavy, the slowest class in the game is a bit absurd.

But if you really want the idea to be useable, you could make it so the heavy can't blast jump himself, make the minigun shoot only 1 to 4 direct hit rockets (damage depends). You could use the stock fists to get to higher places.

I get what you're sayin and all, but still, we have 3 classes with rocket mobility, and alot of weapons that have mobility (aka jump height) in use.

Take balance into consideration before thinking of ideas like this, Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheech View Post
    Ease up. There are ways of getting the message across without being rude about it. The fact that this is seen as ridiculous, but not the rocket jumping spy(the highest damage potential class by far) is a bit beyond me. The soldier is still in a terrible place in terms of rocket jumping(both the spy and scout have better rocket mobility than him simply because they have cloak and speed in addition to the jumping) and you're throwing blast over the flames for a joke/theoretical idea.

Soldier is punished for jumping with most of his launchers more than he is in stock. That's literally on of the reasons I stopped playing on this server.

1. Soldier's jumping ability was harshly nerfed

2. Scout and spy were given rocket jumping(both classes with heavy evasion abilities(speed for scout, cloak for spy)

3. A majority(if not all) the hales were given insane mobility AFTER soldier had his taken away because "it was a problem"

A joke about heavy rocket jumping is not a big deal. It's a server that's reaching its lifespan withing the next year or so anyway.

This isn't a personal attack on anyone, I'm just stating what I have experienced and what I've heard from the majority of people who've stopped playing on the freak server.
    I do apologize for the harshness, I will keep a calmer head in the future.

Yes, I do agree most of the hales are a lot more mobile than they used to be months/years ago. I mean hell, you can just reach red spawn (depending on the map) within a matter of seconds of the round starting.

Mobility, in my opinion, has been the bane of keeping balance on the Freak Server.

Soldine was practically nerfed because people kept abusing the super jump cooldown, making it practically impossible for RED to catch him easily.

Not to mention all the weapons that increase jump height, making catching classes a bit more difficult as the hale. EX: Amputator, stock fists, etc.

Soldier, in general, has weapons that make him easily able to hit and run. Keeping his distance while dealing damage.
    As much as I hate chasing down soldiers, it was kinda fun to play Cat and Mouse when he's almost the last guy. But most people disagree heavily and rather see him nerfed to have shorter rounds. There are plenty of other reasons why I'm just slowly sliding away from Freak Fortress in general.

And I don't want that to happen, Freak is a home for me.
    Last edited by Mechapyro 71 (Codex); 01-04-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast