Posts 1 to 7 of 7
    Change wrangler so that you do not have to equip it to get the stats.

I keep killing myself from rocket jumping.

Also, could it be possible to buff the wrangler?
    It seems that the short circuit seems the only viable secondary for the engineer.
    Last edited by Skippy; 01-13-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Hey there Skippy,

Just to respond to your points,

1) Changing the wrangler to be passive also makes the damage bonus passive, so that's a no from me, giving the engineer large passive regen and a large sentry damage bonus.

2) To prevent killing yourself, simply keep the wrangler out through the jump.

3) Possible? Yes, if the stats are right. Also, please keep in mind that we have a megathread dedicated to suggestions.

Thank you,
    Sirlolleth

Quote Originally Posted by SirLolleth View Post
    Hey there Skippy,

2) To prevent killing yourself, simply keep the wrangler out through the jump.

Sirlolleth
    There's a sentry jumping tactic that allows you to pick up your sentry and rocket jump, but it's impossible to do it without the rocket jumping being passive.

At least have the rocket jumping passive. Also, a sentry accuracy bonus would be nice for the larger maps.
    Last edited by Skippy; 01-17-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    There's a sentry jumping tactic that allows you to pick up your sentry and rocket jump, but it's impossible to do it without the rocket jumping being passive.

At least have the rocket jumping passive. Also, a sentry accuracy bonus would be nice for the larger maps.
    You could consider using the rescue ranger, which should solve your problem. there's no way that I know of that we (sirlolleth) can make the wrangler have rocket jump immunity passive, with the other stats still being "active". it's either all or nothing
    I'm really trying not to be obnoxious

it's not working

Quote Originally Posted by Nope Le Engineer View Post
    You could consider using the rescue ranger, which should solve your problem. there's no way that I know of that we (sirlolleth) can make the wrangler have rocket jump immunity passive, with the other stats still being "active". it's either all or nothing
    What about adding sentry resist damage, and increased self push force penalty?

It's probably best to be a good boy and use recue ranger with wrangled, what you mention doesn't sound too appealing as a game, and for balance purposes would probably not be implemented
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

You can pick up your sentry with a rocket jump even without the wrangler buff, it just requires macro assistance along with the bind that is usually there.