Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
    So this summer i?ll finally be building my own PC.
    Though before building it I wanted to know what games prople were playkng nowadays so I can determine what parts I should get.
    So... what games do people play?

The biggest game right now seems to be Fortnite, though PUBG is also very popular.

There are also indie games like Hollow Knight and Celeste, but I doubt you need a very powerful PC to run those.

rxg | Sequel Sentry: I wrote a book called "Hard Core"
    rxg | Sequel Sentry: it was about my abs

Keep in mind that thanks to bitcoin miners, you'll have to spend way more on a graphics card than in previous years. I saw a 1070 selling for $600 the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Google327 View Post
    Keep in mind that thanks to bitcoin miners, you'll have to spend way more on a graphics card than in previous years. I saw a 1070 selling for $600 the other day.
    ^ This... Even with Nvidia Volta coming out, I bet there will be a shortage of graphics card for a good price. Like, I'm still using a 660 gtx ffs. Onto other notes, like Dalsia said, Fortnite and PUBG are the main battle royale games that are out. While people are still playing other esports titles like League, Overwatch, Rocket League, CS:GO. Rainbow 6 is on the rise but it still falls behind CS in terms of numbers and viewers. Currently, I'm just taking a small break from my MMO grind until I graduate from high school. If you want a more conclusive list, I would just look at the top few games on twitch at any given time to see what most people are playing.

Triple A titles: I heard Nier Automata was really good and I'm planning on checking that out later this summer. Also when monster hunter world comes out for PC I'll probably get it.

1. Dark Souls
    2. Rainbow 6 Siege (kinda intensive tho)
    3. Fortnite and PUBG
    4. Hollow knight
    5. Battlefield 1 is still thriving
    6. You gotta pick up Hyper Light Drifter. If you loved Legend of Zelda, this will be right up your alley.
    7. Bastion is also worth it.
    8. Look into the Fallout, F.E.A.R, Amnesia (horror), and Far Cry series.
    9. Pick up Portal 1 &2. Both are great.

On the topic of graphics cards prices, cryptocurrency is crashing right now, so GPU prices should drop. To save some money, buy from your brand's B-stock. They're fully functional GPUs at a reduced price. That's how I managed to get my 1080 at ~$450, when it was priced $100 more than that. (This was before the price inflations.)

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by dark4225 View Post
    ^ This... Even with Nvidia Volta coming out, I bet there will be a shortage of graphics card for a good price. Like, I'm still using a 660 gtx ffs. Onto other notes, like Dalsia said, Fortnite and PUBG are the main battle royale games that are out. While people are still playing other esports titles like League, Overwatch, Rocket League, CS:GO. Rainbow 6 is on the rise but it still falls behind CS in terms of numbers and viewers. Currently, I'm just taking a small break from my MMO grind until I graduate from high school. If you want a more conclusive list, I would just look at the top few games on twitch at any given time to see what most people are playing.

Triple A titles: I heard Nier Automata was really good and I'm planning on checking that out later this summer. Also when monster hunter world comes out for PC I'll probably get it.
    What MMOs have you been playing?

rxg | Sequel Sentry: I wrote a book called "Hard Core"
    rxg | Sequel Sentry: it was about my abs

I was playing black desert online, until I was hit with my school schedule. Other MMOs I've played recently include, GW2 but I never reached end game.

I see... some good games. Suppose I build my PC around PUBG or R6? Don't know which one takes more to run but I assume PUBG takes more.

Yeah, pubg takes more for sure. Frankly, if your pc can run one well, it can run the other.

Hey! Hey you! If you're working on a project, and you want help, message me! Don't be shy! I'm the guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfist View Post
    Yeah, pubg takes more for sure. Frankly, if your pc can run one well, it can run the other.
    Yeah that's what I assumed... alright thank you all! Can't wait to be back on the daily.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast