Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 29

After 8 months of gameplay, hundreds of buildings created and many memories
    made, the Minecraft division would like to announce that rxg will be resetting its
    MC server. This decision was reached because resources on the current map are
    running low, and gameplay has gotten a bit stale as of late.

However, not only will the server be reset, but the entire gameplay of the server
    will be revolutionized. Gone are the days of our server when the main attraction
    is simply building. The new server will be PVP and survival based, and will
    feature a brand new map with more land for building, a new spawn, a transportation
    system, a gold-based economy, custom plugins that will set our server apart from
    other servers across the world, and much more. Further details will be revealed
    over the coming days.

While we understand that some of you will probably not take
    kindly to these changes, we encourage everyone to have an open mind.
    We will still keep the current map running for a few weeks upon
    the release of the new server, but we truly believe that all of the hard work
    that has gone into the new server will provide a much better gaming
    experience for all of our members. There will be so much to build,
    so much to explore and so many more ways to have fun with
    your friends.

Currently there is no definitive release date for the new server, though
    we plan on having most of it done within the next few weeks. If you have
    concerns or suggestions, or want to know more about the new content,
    please feel free to find a member of MC leadership in Ventrilo.

Awesome! Rxg innovationz

Brace yourselves. The butthurt posts may possibly be coming.

In all seriousness, though, I don't know how apt I'd be to joining in if it's gonna be super PVP heavy with no way to opt out of it. That's just my opinion; doesn't mean it's a definite no, but we'll see.

Regular

finally a server reset!
    -Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Vioectrolysis View Post
    Brace yourselves. The butthurt posts may possibly be coming.

In all seriousness, though, I don't know how apt I'd be to joining in if it's gonna be super PVP heavy with no way to opt out of it. That's just my opinion; doesn't mean it's a definite no, but we'll see.
    I promise you it won't be "super PVP", but PVP will definitely be a part of the server. There are plenty of ways to get around people griefing your stuff, as we'll be putting in protected areas in and out of towns.

rxg | Sequel Sentry: I wrote a book called "Hard Core"
    rxg | Sequel Sentry: it was about my abs

Consider me the first! It's been fun, but you have taken the one thing I came to the server for out of it. I wouldn't mind a server reset, but the fact remains that now the one thing that enticed me is gone. I did really enjoy the time we had, but this is the sign of where I leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsia View Post
    I promise you it won't be "super PVP", but PVP will definitely be a part of the server. There are plenty of ways to get around people griefing your stuff, as we'll be putting in protected areas in and out of towns.
    That's well and good and all, but what about the people that don't wanna deal with towns, or just wanna be in a secluded areas? Making PVP a more glorified thing just...I don't think it's a good idea. I mean, obviously, I can't influence a decision already made, I just don't think I'll be taking part in it much, if at all. That's just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Vioectrolysis View Post
    That's well and good and all, but what about the people that don't wanna deal with towns, or just wanna be in a secluded areas? Making PVP a more glorified thing just...I don't think it's a good idea. I mean, obviously, I can't influence a decision already made, I just don't think I'll be taking part in it much, if at all. That's just my two cents.
    Like I said, in and out of towns. Nobody will be forced to sit in a town plot. I hate that too.

I'd also like you all to keep in mind the part about this post in which it states that we will be keeping the current server up for at least the first few weeks upon release. That means that we may be keeping the server up for longer depending on activity.

However, after seeing these changes happening I firmly believe you will all end up switching over to the "new" server. Even those of you who are adamantly against even the idea of this change will slowly take to it. That's just my opinion, but like I said, you could still end up playing on the other server forever if it comes to that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast