Posts 1 to 9 of 9
    i never understood this, can someone help me out?

okay, so apparentley, there are servers on tf2 called "family freindly servers" where you cant cuss in the slightest.
    im going to tell you a story of my experience with one.

It was in the morning, this summer, and i was playing tf2. i was playing engineer on turbine, i set up my nest on the ledge inside our base, you know what im talking about? the room right next to the intel room? and some "pro uber" spy, jacked my shit. i was a little pissed off ! so i said "god damnit" into the chat.

when all of a sudden, i get this message saying. watch your tongue, fusetat (that used to be my in-game name)
    and i asked "why"

he responded by saying "dont tempt me fusetat."

and so i apologised, because i usually followed the rules, but i had no idea he was an admin.

i said "im sorry for swearing." "but why cant i cuss? I mean, this IS a rated M game, there is blood and guts everywhere in this game."

and you wanna know what he did?.......he muted me...for asking him a question so i couldnt speak and no one could hear me......seems legit

and he continued to taunt me after i was muted by saying, and i quote "what now, you prick"

............i never returned to that server again..... That behavior, even for an admin, is completely unnaceptable.
    when or if i become admin, i would never EVER, do anything like that. I wasn't being annoying, cussing, raging, or spamming, or anything of that nature.

i was stating my opinion, and asking a sincere question, and he muted me.....

thank you for reading. i would like to hear your opinions on "family freindly" servers and bad admins such as these
    maybe even write your own story perhaps? i would LOVE some feedback.
    Last edited by DJ-PON3; 08-09-2013 at 11:58 AM.

I used to belong to one of those type of clans that had "family friendly" servers and I more than often ended up muting/kicking/banning people who would break the rules. The mentality is that sure it is a "M" rated game, but the server you are in is not. It is being monitored by admins so that people who have kids and monitor what their kids do can let their kids join these types of servers with out the fear that someone will be cursing/swearing ...ect to their child or to others on the server. Now, as far as that admin goes it doesn't look like he really cared about the language part of the rules nor did he seem to want to do his duty seeing as he would rather just mute you than listen to you and the whole "prick" thing is what happens when you give kids admin powers. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ¤ Frisky Dingo ¤ View Post
    I used to belong to one of those type of clans that had "family friendly" servers and I more than often ended up muting/kicking/banning people who would break the rules. The mentality is that sure it is a "M" rated game, but the server you are in is not. It is being monitored by admins so that people who have kids and monitor what their kids do can let their kids join these types of servers with out the fear that someone will be cursing/swearing ...ect to their child or to others on the server. Now, as far as that admin goes it doesn't look like he really cared about the language part of the rules nor did he seem to want to do his duty seeing as he would rather just mute you than listen to you and the whole "prick" thing is what happens when you give kids admin powers. Just my 2 cents.
    yes, but you have to take in the factor, that this admin was a terrible admin, muting someone who is asking a question.
    and plus, some of the characters in the game swear, the engie and soldier says "damnit" a couple times
    and another thing, theres blood and guts everywhere!!!

I explain it at the end of my paragraph about the admin...and its different if characters swear than "REAL" people. As well as understanding that just because the game is "M" rated it doesnt mean that ALL servers must allow swearing...clans pay REAL money to own servers and are allowed to have rules that they want.

Quote Originally Posted by ¤ Frisky Dingo ¤ View Post
    ha. That community goes by the rule "Our servers are private so you must abide to our rules on them" This applies to every server, actually. Valve servers have valve rules, rxg servers have rxg rules. that community has their rules. Basically whoever owns the server decides what goes and what doesn't.

being a bad admin myself, i have had expirience with this kind of stuff. Although i dont agree with completley censoring people on the servers, i can respect that the servers belong to the clan and they get to make the rules. the admin sounds like he was using the rules as an excuse to justify his hatred of fun and i would rather have a potty mouthed punk fusetat on the server than an admin who is a jerk to people and pushes good members away from the community

The fish [stock 1]: 69.13.38.153:27015

8)

p.s. im back if anyone cares, guess i'll just quietly admin 2fort again
    Last edited by Skyfish; 08-14-2013 at 12:03 PM.

do u even kno who i am

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfish View Post
    The fish [stock 1]: 69.13.38.153:27015

8)

p.s. im back if anyone cares, guess i'll just quietly admin 2fort again
    Who are you again?

I clicked on that gentleman's face and he did not die. I am now going to kill myself. -iSnakeSter, 2013

"ADMIN TO POWERSKULL" -some random dude, 2014

"Listen here, you little shit. I've got more hours in this game than you do so therefore I'm better than yo-OH MY GOD THIS DUDE IS HACKING I SWEAR TO YEEZY" - some random dude, 2015

"One lit long for deagle" -illusioN, 2015

"They're running like Kenyans!" -powerskull, 2015

"SHIT DUDE I FORGOT TO HEIL HITLER FML SHIT MY MOM IS GONNA BEAT ME" -TuMuLtOuSbRuTe, 2015

powerskull: OMG MEDIC IS SO OP
    powerskull: WTF HES SHOOTING FROM THE DOOR HES OP
    powerskull: THE DOOR IS FUCKIGN OP

TuMuLtOuSbRuTe: yo I heard playing heavy a lot makes your dick bigger

Dewey: wtf u lil pussy fite mi irl pls

TerranceDaMan: anyone who uses the fckin babyface is a fckin nerd

[GzT]City_BOI(Daniel): how bulet shot from gun?
    [GzT]City_BOI(Daniel): HOW BULET SHOOT GUNNN?

illusioN: this dude is literally 5 years old

rainbowdashfan99: fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fcuk fuck fuck fuck i think i killed my copmuter
    rainbowdashfan99: i mean copmuter
    rainbowdashfan99: I KILLED MY COPMUTER
    rxg | Unhost: yea i get it you killed your cop muter whatver tf that is
    rainbowdashfan99: i meant my computer
    rxg | Unhost: well why didn't you say so the first time ya dummy

KingEliza: welp i think that's enough forced anal penetration for one day

MrMuffinMan: idk if i ever told u this or not but
    MrMuffinMan: i shat on my cat once
    MrMuffinMan: it was fuckin nasty
    rxg | Unhost: pics or never fucking happened
    MrMuffinMan: ew no you sick fuck
    MrMuffinMan: besides
    MrMuffinMan: it was a special private momemt between me and my kitty >:c

jailedpanda: i dont want a pizza face, i want a cereal face, y'know?

Forum Babus

I think those "Family Friendly" servers are just servers with mad admins that try to make M rated games not as violent as they could be.... I don't know, I don't like them very much, and when I play on them I just don't talk or chat at all because the admins are super-strict. Brofessional should teach them a thing or two on being a GOOD admin.