PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 129
10x Mayhem Stats
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 505
    The official Mayhem weapon stats can be found here *Note only stats that have been changed are listed

I am removing the information from the first post to eliminate confusion as this thread will no longer be used to update weapon stats. However, I encourage that people still use this thread to post their ideas/gripes/concerns about the weapons or just the Mayhem server in general.
    Last edited by SwitchView; 09-12-2017 at 11:33 PM.

***Change Log***

March 3, 2014

Rocket Bounce:
    Bounces 5 ---> 3

Any weapons affected by rocket bounce will now only bounce 3 times. This change will hopefully prevent some crashing occurring from too many entities on the map.

Eyelander and skins:
    Speed bonus 0% ---> 30%

The speed bonus that was removed has been restored. Due to it's popularity we tried to nerf some of the demoman's most used weapons, however I think we over did it with this change. Nerfs to the loch n load and charge n targe have reduced his power quite significantly and this speed boost was a significant part of what made eyelander a good choice as a weapon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 1, 2014

Gunboats:
    No fall damage
    Ammo regen: 5%
    Rocket Jump Damage Reduction: 100%
    *movement speed: 25% faster

*movement speed increased to allow soldier to move at 300 walking speed

Soda Popper:
    Reload: 50% faster
    Fire rate: 75% faster
    *Clip: 3x (6)
    Movement speed: 10% faster
    Max ammo: 3x

*no longer hype on hit
    *Clip size increased to 6
    Last edited by Roker; 03-04-2014 at 10:47 AM.

You should bold each weapon name C:
    gone.

Thanks, Lancil! There are quite a few buffs in here I wasn't aware of.

A couple of notes:

Stock flamethrower - airblast eats ammo too fast to be useful, and underpowered with no player knockback (though understandable). Maybe slow the firing rate or increase max ammo to 300.

Backburner - Flame spread bonus plus crits-from-behind seems OP, it's too easy to flank with Detonator-jumping. Spread the love to other flamethrowers (phlog/stock need some love). But I miss super airblast. Can we bring it back, even for huge ammo cost like 200 (maybe 150?)? It just feels more 10x.

Powerjack - Seems OP with hp buff and speed and no downside (used to have bullet vulnerability).

Roker and I feel that the stock flamethrower is in a good place. It is there mainly to counter the horrific spam that ensues. We feel that the ammo is about right because we do not want pyros to be able to hold it down and get every single reflect. They should have to conserve their ammo for when it is needed. However, all that being said, I'll take a look into it to see if it can be buffed.

The backburner is in different kind of place. The only reason I nerfed the air blast was because on hightower you could air blast a player off the edge from across the map. I will consider reverting the changes, but add some kind of debuff to hit. Currently I am considering changing the time between air blasts to a much longer time frame. This way it cannot be spammed and it will not waste the pyro's primary ammo. I have been getting a lot of complaints about the spread of the flames. I have already nerfed it slightly. I will talk to Roker to see if we should reduce it any further.

The phlog is fine. It is a weapon that can do terrible things to players. When paired with certain weapons it can be deadly. I have no intention to change anything about this weapon.

edit:
    I think you're right about the powerjack. I was considering splitting some of the buffs and moving them to another weapon.
    Last edited by Lancil; 02-28-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    You should bold each weapon name C:
    I did not realize when I first writing this that my formatting was not going to stick. When I have some more free time I will go through and make it easier to read.
    Last edited by Lancil; 02-28-2014 at 04:27 PM.

I think increasing the ammo cost per airblast on the backburner and giving the mega blast back could be a smart change. Having that super airblast is a lot of fun but should not be abused on maps with death traps.

and then you die

March 3, 2014

Rocket Bounce:
    Bounces 5 ---> 3

Any weapons affected by rocket bounce will now only bounce 3 times. This change will hopefully prevent some crashing occurring from too many entities on the map.

Eyelander and skins:
    Speed bonus 0% ---> 30%

The speed bonus that was removed has been restored. Due to it's popularity we tried to nerf some of the demoman's most used weapons, however I think we over did it with this change. Nerfs to the loch n load and charge n targe have reduced his power quite significantly and this speed boost was a significant part of what made eyelander a good choice as a weapon.

These changes are also summarized in the changelog.

and then you die

Speed boost Eyelander will pretty much shut down Fist heavies. Not that it's a bad thing, I like the paper-rock-scissors mechanics that reward a player who's knowledgeable about the weapon stats.

I do worry that between HP, speed, and explosive/fire resistance, demoknights are just too damn tough. Is melee-resistance a thing? It might be nice to give to an underpowered weapon, like sniper's melee, to serve as a paper-rock-scissors balance to demoknights. (IMO sniper is underpowered in 10x - with all the extra speed and HP available to classes it's a lot harder to kill with rifles).

April 5, 2014

Soda popper changed from 6 shots > 4 shots
    Jag damage 0% > 25%

Experimental***
    Cowmangler reload: Can shoot non stop as well as constantly fire alt charge.

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast