Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Posts 521 to 530 of 591

The current damage it does if you fall off is 1337 (lel), but I can just hop in and change it real quick. It's just the compiling and stuff that would take longer. How does like 200 damage sound? I wanna get opinions on the damage before I change it to save stress on my pc

Quote Originally Posted by GummyGummy View Post
    The current damage it does if you fall off is 1337 (lel), but I can just hop in and change it real quick. It's just the compiling and stuff that would take longer. How does like 200 damage sound? I wanna get opinions on the damage before I change it to save stress on my pc
    200 sounds like only Knights and Heavies could get around that. Solly would get OHKO'd. maybe 175? 199?

Well I just chatted with fancy about the damage and the tele system in general, and the general idea (including your guys'):

Red camping the teles is an issue
    Red can use the teles to escape
    Damage is too high for red

these 3 are pretty tricky to balance, and I'm currently trying to think my way around it. I do know that the damage is going to have to be higher; 300 sounds like a bare minimum that's a bit low. It's actually pretty hard to fall off the map; there are a shit ton of props to block you flying off, and if you jump off then you probably just aren't the greatest at explosive jumping (normal jumping shouldn't ever get you off the map).

Well I just chatted with fancy about the damage and the tele system in general, and the general idea (including your guys'):

Red camping the teles is an issue
    Red can use the teles to escape
    Damage is too high for red

these 3 are pretty tricky to balance, and I'm currently trying to think my way around it. I do know that the damage is going to have to be higher; 300 sounds like a bare minimum that's a bit low. It's actually pretty hard to fall off the map; there are a shit ton of props to block you flying off, and if you jump off then you probably just aren't the greatest at explosive jumping (normal jumping shouldn't ever get you off the map).
    Could just make the Teleporters 1-sided and have a timed usage. It prevents spamming of them and forces them to rush between teleporters just to try and do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastStrikerZ View Post
    Could just make the Teleporters 1-sided and have a timed usage. It prevents spamming of them and forces them to rush between teleporters just to try and do something like that.
    I don't know if either of those two things are possible, and if they are then I don't know how to do them. The properties that load for the trigger_teleport don't have a "filter team" or a "cooldown".

I don't know if either of those two things are possible, and if they are then I don't know how to do them. The properties that load for the trigger_teleport don't have a "filter team" or a "cooldown".
    Then turn them into Preset Blue Team Engie Teleporters that have a really high set HP so that it's unwise to try and break them. Helps the Hale get around through the one-way teleporters (Or two-way with MvM settings) and prevents spamming of them so the Hale can get runners. Or the HP could be set at a reasonable level so with combined effort they can be destroyed and make the Hale not so mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastStrikerZ View Post
    Then turn them into Preset Blue Team Engie Teleporters that have a really high set HP so that it's unwise to try and break them. Helps the Hale get around through the one-way teleporters (Or two-way with MvM settings) and prevents spamming of them so the Hale can get runners. Or the HP could be set at a reasonable level so with combined effort they can be destroyed and make the Hale not so mobile.
    Hammer doesn't work like that. That isn't a feature in Hammer. Even if I put in a teleporter model it's literally just a model of a teleporter; it would be a static prop (something that just sits in the map).

http://gamebanana.com/maps/193597

Copy pasted from the update log:

Hale spawn has been changed along with the teleport/trigger_hurt system at the bottom of the map. The trigger hurt now does ~200 damage instead of ~1337 damage, and it teleports you to hale spawn. Hale spawn now has a door blocking off the spawn spot and the 3 portals. Only hale can activate this door. RED players must jump through a course to get out. Also I added 1 easter egg; it's just a small visual one you won't get unless you're part of reflex gamers on steam.

The thinking behind that was to lower the damage to red team while simultaneously making it hard to constantly jump off the map to escape hale; RED has a lot of jumping to do before they can get out of the hale spawn, as they cannot use the portals. As for camping the tele, hale should be able to kill people with relative ease since it's an enclosed space, or in the event he starts getting beat up, he can use the door and get out of the spawn via the portals. Also, I've seen some pretty stupid heavy-medic combos that usually consist of an ubered heavy with a huo long heater/natascha taking out like 50% of the hale's hp with a single uber. This requires the hale to get pushed into a corner via knockback, but the corner that the tele leads to is the corner right below the physical exit, so if he gets constantly pushed back by a minigun he would only get pushed out of the room.

Just thinking and I thought I could leave a map suggestion that is a very well done map and goes well with one of the bosses: Metal gear solid 1 VSH. website link with download link THERE: http://gamebanana.com/maps/144474

While I'm at it, I'll post a map made by one of the FF2 players under the name of GummyGummy who has also left the map... So on second thought, this may be pointless but it's a good map anyways. Link over there: http://gamebanana.com/maps/193597

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast